A heartfelt thank you to Daz 3D (aka Appreciation Thead)

Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
edited December 2012 in The Commons

So, another year rolls around, and another Christmas Day is on the horizon. I've seen a lot of appreciation threads popping up here and there, but the big name which brought us all together seems to have missed its spot in the limelight. So let's make this the official Daz 3D appreciation thread. I for one couldn't be happier with the service I've received over the years and undoubtedly for many yet to come.

To kickstart this thread and as a personal christmas present to the folks at Daz 3D, I've put together a wallpaper consisting of many of the characters and models we've come to know and love. See how many products you can find and name. I challenge you! The full 1600x900 wallpaper sized file will be made available on my DeviantArt account. Link in my signature.

Merry Christmas!

1600x900 Wallpaper link

Post edited by Herald of Fire on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, good old DAZ 3D, they get a lot of stick at times, but I hope they all have a very Merry Christmas, and a welcome break.

See you all in the New Year, refreshed and re-invigourated, and ready for anything. :-)

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As a newbie this year I love this site, the little problems i have had have been resolved and although i am still not properly up and running as i should be (lack of time) i have a well stocked selection from all the amazing offer, i love the fact that i can reset my downloads when i need to and the chances are as i upgrade my computer i will be using this feature again and again...Thanks for the special discounts on the gift cards this extends my buying power, having emails tempting me with the latest bargains and i do believe alot of them are bargains, i took advantage of the platinum club after reading what it entailed and although i didn´t take full advantage at the beginning, i have learnt alot since starting and now i wouldn´t be without it. I don´t venture to other sites, as a newbie i needed confidence and i am pleased to have found this here, the help here with the amazing forums and ticket system. so a big thank you to everyone and i wish you all an enjoyable Christmas.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I've been a buyer at Daz for a long while, but only recently been a presence on the forums (for better of for worse :D). In the short time I've spent on the forums I've learned a lot of useful techniques and acquired some great products to add to my runtimes. Whether you use Daz Studio or Poser, there are plenty of people willing to help you along the way. My recent migration to Daz Studio and Genesis has seen a huge boom in my output, though this is also partly due to having more spare time.

My recent education was in creating my own material surfaces in Daz Studio. The logo seen above is an example of that. It's a single UV mesh (modelled in 3D Studio) which has been separated into individual material zones for each letter, and the 'shuriken' symbol. I found a handy tutorial for it in the documentation section. The beauty of this is that I can now use my own set pieces a lot easier, and perhaps one day become a vendor.

In the meantime, enjoy the wallpaper. If I've missed out your favourites, let me know and if I have them available I'll find a way to include them in the image. The more the merrier, as they say!

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,356
    edited December 2012

So, another year rolls around, and another Christmas Day is on the horizon. I've seen a lot of appreciation threads popping up here and there, but the big name which brought us all together seems to have missed its spot in the limelight. So let's make this the official Daz 3D appreciation thread. I for one couldn't be happier with the service I've received over the years and undoubtedly for many yet to come.

Thank you for starting this thread.
    Sometimes when I come to the forum it is to pass time while installations are running in the background.
    Sometimes the forum becomes a place to let off steam because some things are working different than expected.
    Just remember: We complain because we care. ;-)
    Many times it is a place to look for help and ideas.

But it is important not to forget that behind each company there are people.
    What is done with fewer people working there as one might think is very impressive!

So yes it is very important to also say:

Thank you DAZ for all the efforts!

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

DAZ3D has provided so many hours of enjoyment and creative play since I discovered it! And at least for me, customer service has always been helpful and responsive. It's been a year with a lot of rough spots, and there are certainly important areas for improvement; but Three Cheers for DAZ3D!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks DAZ and all your talented PA's for all the wonderful toys you have provided me with this year!