Filtering "My Downloadable Products"

render boyrender boy Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I think I saw the answer to this, but I can't find it. How do you filter out the Mac products now in the downloadable products? I thought there was still some way to do it in the new store, but I'm not finding the option.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,428
    edited December 1969

There is no way to currently filter them. They are going to going to zips for everything soon so it won't matter shortly.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

really? No more installer EXE files?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That's the plan, a lot of people don't like the installers, I don't care either way.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    There is no way to currently filter them. They are going to going to zips for everything soon so it won't matter shortly.

We've been hearing "soon" and "shortly" about this for over half a year now. Has there been any actual progress?

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Yes, I miss being able to filter out Mac downloads. As for swapping the .exe for zip files. Not sure if I like that...I like the ease of installation with .exe. Unpacking zips is usually where I screw up :P Although it will allow for better content management...if I dared to actually try to sort the mess of my runtime.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

There will be a Install Utility that will install any Zip file to your Content folder as long as the file structure is set up correct. When it (the Utility) is Released to the Community you can look for all Downloads to go to Zip very fast.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    There will be a Install Utility that will install any Zip file to your Content folder as long as the file structure is set up correct. When it (the Utility) is Released to the Community you can look for all Downloads to go to Zip very fast.

... and a breakdown of the DAZ servers. That's why I still say they should release new content in zips also so there won't be such a stampede to download everything. In fact they should start releasing older items weekly and informing the community as released.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

We've been hearing "soon" and "shortly" about this for over half a year now. Has there been any actual progress?

A lot of the older items have already been converted. I guess it's happening piecemeal. About 15% of the 100s of old items I have ordered this month have been zips.