How to use pw shaders??

mosjomosjo Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

After download and installation of the pw shaders into DAZ Studio 4.5, there is nothing at all that would indicate how to use any of them. How to get started using these products? Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

To apply any shader, select the object in the Scene pane, then select the surface to apply the shader to in the Surfaces pane, then double click on the icon to apply it.

You may not see much change in the viewport, the shader is only fully displayed by the 3Delight render engine.

• mosjomosjo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, but those products just are not anywhere to be found, no pane has them. This is after default installation. Searching for pw does not give any result. No documentation came with the download, in contrary to what is promised. Are these products really up to date and usable?

edited December 1969

There are several 'pw' shaders for sale in the Store, and they all come with documentaion as far as I know.

Which one did you buy, pwToon, pwSurface etc etc.

edited December 1969

The bundle that is on sale, containing them all. None works/shows up.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

They should if you installed to the correct loacation, which is btw??, in the Cointent library Pane (Not Smart Content) under Daz Studio Formats/Shaders/pw***** DS?

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 2012

You should be able to find them in the Content Library pane, under DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Shaders > pwSurface/pwToon etc.

That is assuming that you installed to the default My Library folder? I also have two readmes iin HTML format n My Library > Readme's for pwSurface and pwToon.

EDIT: Too slow again!

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Found it, thanks a lot!

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 2012

pwCatch, pwSurface 2, and pwEffect should install some READMEs and other technical documents in the "My Library" folder, but they're the same documents that you'll find on Posework's web site, and they haven't been updated in at least a couple of years (even though the actual shaders themselves HAVE been updated to work with DS 4.5). Actually, now that I think about it, the last date I saw on the Posework site was sometime in 2009 -- I'd almost considered it an abandoned site.

You won't see any change in the preview window, or at best, the object you apply the shaders to may change to a solid white (or some other color) -- the effect isn't apparent until you render out the scene. Select the item in your scene that you want to apply the shader to, open the Surfaces tab, and when you apply the shader, you should see the extra channels appear.

As far as actual tutorials on how to use them, good luck -- I looked a couple of months ago, and couldn't find anything other than other people's threads discussing how they had used them. Interesting reads, but not exactly comprehensive.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

EDIT: Too slow again!

nanananana :P