View changes over time

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited December 2012 in New Users

Hi, I'm new to DAZ Studio. I understand how to create a figure and use aniblocks to create figure movement. What I don't understand is how to edit or delete scene viewpoint changes over time.

Somehow DAZ is recording the changes I make to the scene viewpoint e.g. if I zoom in or out or move the viewpoint to the left or right this is being recorded somehow and somewhere. The problem is that when I play back the scene these viewpoint changes happen without my control and I don't know how to edit or delete them.

I don't know the DAZ tech jargon so I may have used the wrong terminology to describe what's happening. If anyone can explain what's going on and how to control it I'd much appreciate it.

Post edited by Superdog on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

If you are using the default camera then that may be why. I don't think animation remembers what you are doing in the perspective view.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Never set up a Animation from your Render Camera, Any movement is thought to be part of the animation. I use the Perspective Camera for all my setting up Then switch back to the Render Camera for testing and rendering.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said it better.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thanks for the quick replies. I think I need to spend quite a bit of time going over the manual to get to grips with how DAZ camera's work. Some of DS is really quick and easy to grasp but this seems difficult for me to understand.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Never set up a Animation from your Render Camera, Any movement is thought to be part of the animation. I use the Perspective Camera for all my setting up Then switch back to the Render Camera for testing and rendering.

Is it possible to delete movement from the render camera or will I need to create a new scene and then follow your advice?

edited December 1969

Think of your Default Camera as the one used to record the movie. Just like on a movie set any Pans, Zooms or Dollies are part of what the producer wanted in the Scene. DS records all of them for any camera that you can render from. It has no way to not know you will not use these movements in your animation. The Perspective Camera is not a Render Camera and never records to the timeline.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Jaderail said:

Is it possible to delete movement from the render camera or will I need to create a new scene and then follow your advice?
    I would just go to frame one and Create a New Camera using the Positon of your other camea. Then Just never move that camera, and Use it as the Render Camera.