Camera Zoom?

Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
edited December 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is it possible to "zoom" in and out (especially out) with the camera after you have it positioned as best as possible using translation and rotation? I need to fit more of the room of the scene I'm working on into the camera's view than I can get through pulling the whole camera back (It's already against the back wall so I can't pull back any further).

For the record, I'm using Daz Studio Pro 4.0

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

You can change the focal length of the camera in the parameters tab, it's like a zoomlens on a real camera. When used to extremes this can produce a perspective distortion (again, just like on a real camera). You could probably also make the back wall invisible and place the camera further back.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

You can change the focal length of the camera in the parameters tab, it's like a zoomlens on a real camera. When used to extremes this can produce a perspective distortion (again, just like on a real camera). You could probably also make the back wall invisible and place the camera further back.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I had looked at some of those camera settings but really didn't know what any of them were.
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Have a look at this tutorial. It's for an older version, but mostly still valid.

http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

mac