Display problems at DAZ

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello.

When I open a product there are no pictures any longer.

Also, if I open a page with multiple items, such as the Fast Grab page, all the items display only the very top line of that item , as it they are overlapped. The image of that product is not displayed.

Any one else having that problem?

Thanks.
R

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I have that problem when I first open a page, but it's more like a 1 second hesitation, then the images appear, although sometimes the full page does not load.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Hello.

When I open a product there are no pictures any longer.

Also, if I open a page with multiple items, such as the Fast Grab page, all the items display only the very top line of that item , as it they are overlapped. The image of that product is not displayed.

Any one else having that problem?

Thanks.
    R

Brower?

OS?

AV?

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

I'm also having the same problem using IE 9. If I use Google Chrome I do not have the same issues and everything opens fine (and downloads faster)

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

It is acting this way in Google Chrome, and I have been using this same browser for ages with no problem like that.

edited December 1969

I finally cleaned up my cache & cookies, which seemed to fix my problem, mostly.

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

I've had this problem for a while now. I use IE9 on win 7 64. I dicovered today that if I pass the mouse cursor over the "add to cart" button, it pulls up the picture! I have NO IDEA why that works, but it does.
    Gus

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

It works fine with Explorer.

edited December 1969

The root problem is something, whether it's your AV, OS or a browser addon/plugin (or combination of them) is blocking the scripts and images from being loaded from the Cloudflare servers.

The best advice on how to get it working again...allow Cloudflare in your 'security' settings...if that means adding it to an approved sites list, allowing scripts to run from there or whatever...

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519
    edited December 1969

This is how it looks to me...vista and win 7 64 runing IE8 & IE9, Chrome works fine - have cleaned cache, have changed security setting but as this happens on multible PC thinking site script.

DAZ.JPG
    1111 x 818 - 79K
    edited December 1969

TraceSL said:
    This is how it looks to me...vista and win 7 64 runing IE8 & IE9, Chrome works fine - have cleaned cache, have changed security setting but as this happens on multible PC thinking site script.

There are 3 things that need to happen to get a fully loaded page...content from Cloudfllare, content from Cloudfront (an Amazon service) and content from Google. There are scripts being run from each of those and Cloudflare is delivering the bulk of the actual page content. Any one of those being blocked can break the chain and cause odd things to happen. The least important and least likely to cause problems are the Google supplied scripts...googleanalytics and font embedding script. The fallback for the font script is to use local fonts...so no big loss.

Not entirely sure what the Cloudfront scripts are for, but they are needed to see everything.

Cloudflare...well, that's the big one...

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Gusf1 said:
    I've had this problem for a while now. I use IE9 on win 7 64. I dicovered today that if I pass the mouse cursor over the "add to cart" button, it pulls up the picture! I have NO IDEA why that works, but it does.
    Gus

This is weird. Went to DAZ to try this since I am having the same problem. Didn't help.. but you 'made me look'.

At least the picture links that are below the area of the main image works for me. At least I can click on that area and get the 'slide show' to show me images. Still a pain to try and view the overview pages like 'New Releases'. Also, images in the forum don't show up.

Interesting phenomena: I can pull up "Horse 2 Pro Bundle", no images. I click on the "What's included" tab and then the individual links for the products included, I get pics for each of the products. Search 'bundle': get images on the results page. Hit and miss from there.

@ mjc1016 - for whatever reason, DAZ is the ONLY site that gives me troubles. I've been to other sites running Cloudflare (can't be sure about Cloudfront) and none of them give me trouble. The only issue I have here is that pics aren't displaying properly.

I will not profess to understand scripting, nor Cloudflare/front. All I know is that DAZ3D.com is the only site having this issue for me for whatever reason or combination of reasons.

edited December 1969

At this time the only place I am not seeing images in in the Members Area of the forum. Odd isn't it.

I do occasionally (quite often actually) have the problem of the page not loading fully and have to reset the page.