So which is it mac or pc???

MarqueMarque Posts: 78
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, now that you've changed the website I can no longer just show PC products. Usually the way I tell is by mac being zip and pc being exe but the last order is opposite. So did they get screwed up when they were packaged and how do I tell now? I don't want to download what I can't use as I'm on a fap with the satellite company and if I download too much I get slowed down to below dialup. Here are the products...as you can see the dark moods has been swapped pc is now a zip and mac an exe. The tx files don't even show if they are for mac or pc. The last two show the way it has been packaged up until now. The new website has slowed down my buying to a crawl and the new tech support is a pain, I can see that I will probably only buy items I feel I can't do without, I will no longer be impulse buying. Love the plat products but sorting them out in the download has become a real pain, sorry just frustrated. Not impressed with the new format.

Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.zip - PC

Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - Mac

Dark Moods for Genesis - 15068_DarkMoodsGen_v1.0_trx.zip

Dark Moods for Genesis - 15068_DarkMoodsGen_v1.0_trx.exe

Postal Props - 14778_PostalProps_1.0_dpc.zip - Mac

Postal Props - 14778_PostalProps_1.0_dpc.exe - PC

Comments

• MarqueMarque Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Just checked them and downloaded the wrong ones because they were not packaged correctly. Thanks for wasting my bandwidth.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Which ones are not packaged correctly?

This would need to be fixed.

edited December 1969

Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.zip - PC

Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - Mac

Dark Moods for Genesis - 15068_DarkMoodsGen_v1.0_trx.zip

Dark Moods for Genesis - 15068_DarkMoodsGen_v1.0_trx.exe

The trx files need to show which is pc and which is mac and the first two are wrong.

edited December 1969

And already reported via their tech site, tried to call and they sent me an email to send it to zen so it will get fixed whenever they get to it I guess. Bout done here.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Marque said:
    Just checked them and downloaded the wrong ones because they were not packaged correctly. Thanks for wasting my bandwidth.

IIRC the mac ones are just a zip file and can be used by PC users. They do leave a mac file on the system that I would delete though if using a pc.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No, the Mac zip files can't be used by PC users, which is why there are 2 different packages.

The only zip files that can be used by both Mac users and PC USers are the ones where they have repacked the product, usually the older products so far, and with those ones there is only the one file to donwload.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    No, the Mac zip files can't be used by PC users, which is why there are 2 different packages.

The only zip files that can be used by both Mac users and PC USers are the ones where they have repacked the product, usually the older products so far, and with those ones there is only the one file to donwload.

I'm suprised I was sure I had downloaded one of them when I was having problems downloading the exe. Could have sworn I used one successfully, obviously my memory is worse than I thought...

Thanks for the info Cho.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I accidently downloaded the wrong file once, and then swore because it wouldn't work, until I realised what I had done.

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

i have these files -- neither one is right for me on a mac-- i was wondering why no one else had noticed -- so i tried downloading the "mac" exe, in case i could fix it myself, but nope, no joy.

12/6/12 Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - PC Available 5
    12/6/12 Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - Mac Available 3

i haven't had this sort of trouble before, guess it's just a mix-up?

edited December 1969

i have these files -- neither one is right for me on a mac-- i was wondering why no one else had noticed -- so i tried downloading the "mac" exe, in case i could fix it myself, but nope, no joy.

12/6/12 Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - PC Available 5
    12/6/12 Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - Mac Available 3

i haven't had this sort of trouble before, guess it's just a mix-up?

Probably...
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

Basically it SHOULD be:

Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.ZIP - Mac
    Night Moves - 15292_NightMoves_v1.0_dpc.exe - PC

Macs NEVER get a file with an exe extension...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880
    edited December 1969

Try the PC Installer - I just did and it gave a zip.