New Category? Eastern Styles

ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Any new releases that might be related to this? Forthcoming sale perhaps? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/eastern-style

Whatever it is, there are some wicked cool products in there that I don't own. Hoping for a discount over the weekend! :-)

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Hm. I have to admit I'm less than impressed with what "eastern" seems to mean in this context, and I'm disappointed that lots of other historical and Eastern themed content isn't in this category, but I guess if it's specifically for a sale, it makes sense.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 2012

I like the man bundled in the asian faces... Looks good. Xiao also looks nice. Apparently not released yet... Even though it says 40% off.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Hm. I have to admit I'm less than impressed with what "eastern" seems to mean in this context, and I'm disappointed that lots of other historical and Eastern themed content isn't in this category, but I guess if it's specifically for a sale, it makes sense.

I guess it all depends on if this is just a sale, a small category, or they're shifting numerous things in the store and they just haven't popped up yet to how good/bad this is.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 2012

zigraphix said:

From the looks of it, while certain items are going to be highlighted for at least the current sales, it seems to be a permanent category. I suppose we'll see if it gets expanded; they might need to go back and add that tag to a lot of things that don't have any such tag right now.

Regardless, I'm kind of baffled at the inclusion of Melody hair in that category. Wasn't that specifically designed to be a fairytale princess hairstyle? A European-type fairytale princess?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 2012

Doesn't look like any discounts in this group... at least for now. A little disappointing, but I'll keep my eye on it, hopeful.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2012

I like the man bundled in the asian faces... Looks good. Xiao also looks nice. Apparently not released yet... Even though it says 40% off.

Try it now -- I just bought Xiao Wen for V5 in the same cart with Asian Faces and got Asian Faces for free along with the stated 40% off of Xiao Wen for V5. Thanks Raiya!
    screenshot.07-12-2012_08_.51_.21_.png
    498 x 319 - 167K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Try it now -- I just bought Xiao Wen for V5 in the same cart with Asian Faces and got Asian Faces for free along with the stated 40% off of Xiao Wen for V5. Thanks Raiya!

Sorry, yes, those deals work. I meant the older products beneath all seem to be full price and not linked to the new releases at all.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Right now I'm working on a big project which relies heavily on Japanese style outfits and props (Edo era), so I'm trying to grab as much as I can get my hands on be it free or paid. I recently picked up Edo volumes 1-3 and a nice Japanese castle, along with plenty of oriental style outfits.

The only issue I've found is that searching for 'Eastern' items tends to bring up all kinds of things from Asia to China. While some of the Chinese props can be used, I do need to be careful not to 'water down' the scenes with them too much. If anyone knows any Japanese style props, characters or outfits please let me know. I have much, much more left to do on the project and need all I can find.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads-up. I went the same route and purchased both the "Xiao Wen" character and the "Asian Faces". Also thanks to Raiya who made these available :)

Right now I'm working on a big project which relies heavily on Japanese style outfits and props (Edo era), so I'm trying to grab as much as I can get my hands on be it free or paid. I recently picked up Edo volumes 1-3 and a nice Japanese castle, along with plenty of oriental style outfits.

The only issue I've found is that searching for 'Eastern' items tends to bring up all kinds of things from Asia to China. While some of the Chinese props can be used, I do need to be careful not to 'water down' the scenes with them too much. If anyone knows any Japanese style props, characters or outfits please let me know. I have much, much more left to do on the project and need all I can find.

As you mentioned Edo ... there is the 江戸の視覚化 themed site (Japanese), where some props and architectures can be downloaded from (some in Poser format, some in obj). Not necessarily high detailed, but there might be something around you could use - in case you didn't know of that site yet.