hair on imported poser model

DonleavyDonleavy Posts: 34
edited December 2012 in Carrara Discussion

Hello

In Carrara 8, I am trying to put hair on an imported Poser model.
I create the hair group and move it to the head group of the figure - but nothing happens. I tried moving the hair group to a normal sphere and there it works fine. What gives?

I hope you can help,
Donleavy

Post edited by Donleavy on

Comments

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

To get hair on a figure you need to drop it onto the 'Model' part.

That will put hair all over the model so you will have to define the location of the hair in the hair room, by selecting the polygons which you want to grow hair (grow region tool).

You can parent a hair cap (available in the 'Objects' folder under Hair/DAZ if you have installed it) to the head and drop the hair onto that instead.

• DonleavyDonleavy Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I haven't completely figured out how to make it look right but at least my figure has hair now, so I have something to work with.

/Donleavy

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Donleavy said:
    Thanks! I haven't completely figured out how to make it look right but at least my figure has hair now, so I have something to work with.

/Donleavy

Carrara has some sample hair in the Objects Browser. Load one up and pick it apart to see what's been done to it. Don't forget the hair shaders, they're just about as important as the guide hairs to style the hair!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hair works best on a skull cap.