batch rendering non-photorealistic avi's

UncleZeeUncleZee Posts: 20
edited December 2012 in Carrara Discussion

SORRY WRONG PLACE TO POST - cant find any way to delete.

Hi there

Is anybody else out there having problems rendering a batch of files to avi - if the files are using non-realistic (toon type) render mode. I got through one and then every other one I try crashed C8 and then when I reboot it looses all my setting for where my content is located!?

Then render fine outside the batch editor - but this is gonna seriously impact my work load having to wait for individual files to render.

Cheers
Z

Post edited by UncleZee on

Comments

• UncleZeeUncleZee Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Hi there

Is anybody else out there having problems rendering a batch of files to avi - if the files are using non-realistic (toon type) render mode. I got through one and then every other one I try crashed C8 and then when I reboot it looses all my setting for where my content is located!?

Then render fine outside the batch editor - but this is gonna seriously impact my work load having to wait for individual files to render.

Cheers
    Z

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

Where did you intend to post, I can move it there for you, or merge it with your post in the Carrara forum

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Hi there
    It was for the Carrara forum - I've already manually cut and pasted it there.
    Thanks for your help
    Z

edited December 1969

Hi there

Cheers
    Z

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Have you tried to render to image sequences? Also what version of C8? Is it the production build or the C8.5 beta? Might make a difference.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Moved to Carrara Discussions and threads merged.

edited December 2012

Hi there

I'm using Carrara 8 8.1.1.12 on windows 7.

They work fine when I render individual movies - but fail when I add them to the batch renderer

Cheers
    Z

Post edited by UncleZee on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Completely fail, or does the first one in the batch render and then Carrara crashes when it switches to the next one in the queue?

edited December 1969

Hi there
    It's completely fails. I only ever managed to render one. Even that same one doesn't work. When it loads the files, the render info doesn't appear correctly - all I see is the default for 'diffuse' - all the other panels are empty.
    Z