Help, problems with clothes.

Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496

my friends.

I'm no master at clothes. I'm learning.
I honestly do not know what happens to my clothes.

Nothing was done in DazStudio. I model the clothes in Hexagon. I do UV in UVMapper Free, Groups in AutoGroup Editor and Conform clothes in QuickConform.

I apply the textures in Poser, save materials, and apply in Cr2 with NotePad + +.

The Morphs using the bridge DazStudio for Hexagon. Save in CR2 in plugin DeltaX - Morph to Cr2.

It's simple. But some things do not work in Poser, but everything works DazStudio.

Shoes show themselves invisible in Poser and make Render, are dark.

In Daz Studio are perfect.

Post edited by Roberto Melo on

Comments

• Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

In Daz Studio are perfect.

Daz_Studio_Textures_Ok.jpg
    1022 x 739 - 293K
    edited December 2012

The Top, conforms wrong in Poser.

In DazStudio, everything ok.

Daz_Studio_Morphs_Ok.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 325K
    Poser_Top_Problems.jpg
    1020 x 735 - 487K
    edited December 1969

Could someone help me with these problems?

Thank you. :)

Beto.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In the case of the shoes...it looks like flipped normals.

They'd probably look the same in DS4.5 as they do in Poser...but in 3.1 DS pretty much ignores normals (not really, but that's the net effect). Try flipping the normals in Hex. If you are using external geometry (not contained within the CR2) all you should need to do is open the obj (the one that's referenced in the final cr2), flip the normals of the affected parts (if you flip all of them, you could end up making the now visible parts 'disappear' ) and resave. There are settings in Poser that can be used to get it to display correctly, but fixing it at the geometry level is better...

For the top...did you model it to that pose? or the standard T-pose? When you set it up was it to that pose or the standard?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

They'd probably look the same in DS4.5 as they do in Poser...but in 3.1 DS pretty much ignores normals (not really, but that's the net effect). Try flipping the normals in Hex. If you are using external geometry (not contained within the CR2) all you should need to do is open the obj (the one that's referenced in the final cr2), flip the normals of the affected parts (if you flip all of them, you could end up making the now visible parts 'disappear' ) and resave. There are settings in Poser that can be used to get it to display correctly, but fixing it at the geometry level is better...

For the top...did you model it to that pose? or the standard T-pose? When you set it up was it to that pose or the standard?

Thank you my friend. I know the problem of the shoes now. I do not know is how to fix this, but I'll try.

The top was modeled in V4, pose 0, in the form of my character Bruuna. I do not want a ton of Morphs. He worked for Studio, But Poser refuses conforming.

edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:

Dear Friend @ mjc1016.

Early in his explanations, I got confused.
    Reverting to normal OBJ, it only has numbers.

The solution came with simplicity, and use UVMapper,
    Problem solved very easily.

Now I try to solve the problem of the Top.

Thank you!

Beto.

Shoe_Poser_Render_Ok.jpg
    1020 x 737 - 455K
    Shoe_Poser_Ok.jpg
    1020 x 738 - 472K
    Shoe_Ok.jpg
    1022 x 738 - 649K
  • W R WW R W Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll say this: your model work is excellent! Somebody did a "Looks-Like-Druuna" P3 or P4 years back -- this is considerably more like the "real" thing! Nice work!

edited December 2012

W R W said:
    I'll say this: your model work is excellent! Somebody did a "Looks-Like-Druuna" P3 or P4 years back -- this is conI'll say this: your model work is excellent! Somebody did a "Looks-Like-Druuna" P3 or P4 years back -- this is considerably more like the "real" thing! Nice work!

Thank you my Friend!!

Enjoy my work. Make criticism, praise, post your pics, It is for the entire 3D community!

Hugs.

Beto.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12154/

• W R WW R W Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Beto, I'm Bill. I've been working quietly behind the scenes since Poser 2 beta (not for Poser, but with it) and I've found so many new things in Poser 9 that I'm finally going to start posting freebies of toys and ideas -- as soon as I get this little problem solved so I can finish a book cover I'm late for (1 day!) (dammit!) -- If you're on facebook, I have some of my Poser art there, maybe there's a place to start a gallery here? Don't know, too busy to care at the moment. But your polygon-flipped shoe sparked an idea you might want to try:

For the "dark surface" leather, the top of the shoe, set the diffuse color to a pretty blue (R0,G0,B100) and the value to about 0.1 or 0.2. Highlight 100% white, size .01, transparency 85%, reflection color>new node>lighting>sphere map>2d image>[image of your choice], reflection value = .8 or so, enable raytracing and VOILA! a glass slipper tenny-runner!

(Alternately:) Replace the >lighting>sphere map>etc segment above with >lighting>raytrace>reflect (the default values are OK) if the shoe is in a scene completely surrounded by renderable geometry and it will mirror the entire scene. (This is terribly expensive on render time because you have a transparent object reflecting everything, if "Bruuna" has mesh hair and she's reflected, you'll think Poser died and forgot to tell you.) However, if the focus is the shoe and its reflections, and the lovely foot inside, that would be well worth the wait to see it rendered properly, and in a case like that a black background and a floor could be enough, if properly lit.

On the other hand, if the viewer is properly lit, it all looks good.

But oooh! Atmospherics! Volumetrics! Motion blur! Cloth and Hair and Physics, Poser is growing up! It was a big jump from 5 to 9, so much to tell! So much to learn!

I have also found a little freeware program called Anaglyph Maker by Takashi Sekitani, you render an image, dolly-X the camera (or Orbit Y if you're working astronomically huge) and render a second image, Anamaker creates either a color or red-blue anaglyph (selectable) that you can view in 3D with cheap cardboard glasses (which are also useful for looking at the Curiosity updates and the amazing still-plugging-along Opportunity photos from Mars!) His website appears to be down, but freeware lives forever, google it, it does an amazing job! Finding the cardboard glasses is up to you, there's a wonderful little kitsch shop here in Washington called "Octopus's Garden" but they're probably overpriced and half of the fun is going through the store. They have to be either Red/Blue or (for color) amber/wheat/orange vs cyan (in cinema, the color filter is called 'wheat' but outside the industry there isn't exactly a word for it that's widely recognized, amber is too yellow and orange doesn't rhyme with anything but "door hinge" and that makes me and more cringe.)

Apologies. Well lit. Well met.

I have been a fan of "Druuna" since Heavy Metal Magazine came out in the mid-late 1970s, somewhere I may still have a Poser 3 ("Posette") "Looks-Like-Druuna" character somebody did in the 1990s, I'll see if I can find it. It didn't hold a candle to this, though!