3D Universe Site Relaunch - Free Character

Comments

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Tried that - still nothing. I've deleted the cookie from 3dU as well, Made numerous attempts to have my password re-sent, using both email addy and user name. It doesn't give an error message, so it knows the name and email addy are correct (I tried using another email addy and it told me that email addy wasn't in the system). No email's ever sent (and yes, I've looked in the spam filter, too)...

I'm sure Steve will get things straightened out.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

There were a couple of new scripts added, too...so make sure if you have any script blocking software to allow the 3du site.

• ba_aca2a9241dba_aca2a9241d Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Site looks great, good job. Can't seem to find you forums, are they gone now?

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Alisa Uh-Lisa and DaWaterRat,

I was having the same issue as well but dicovered in issue that eventually solved the login problem for me.

The old site/script login was not case-sensitive with the password.
    You could log in to the old site with a mix of uppercase/lowercase characters and it would still let you in. However, the actual password on record was LOWER CASE.

It appears the new site IS CASE SENSITIVE and as the passowrds would have been transferred as lowercase, you would need to log in using an all lowercase password.

Hope this helps :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

KJA79A said:
    Alisa Uh-Lisa and DaWaterRat,

I was having the same issue as well but dicovered in issue that eventually solved the login problem for me.

The old site/script login was not case-sensitive with the password.
    You could log in to the old site with a mix of uppercase/lowercase characters and it would still let you in. However, the actual password on record was LOWER CASE.

It appears the new site IS CASE SENSITIVE and as the passowrds would have been transferred as lowercase, you would need to log in using an all lowercase password.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks. That did help.

edited December 1969

Ah HA! That did do it :) Thanks!! And thanks for the adorable Gruggle Monk, Steve!

:)

• drucdruc Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the little guy, but I am a little concerned, I downloaded the fruit props from http://trumarcar.francemi.net/foodprops_tc.htm so I hope he doesn't wander through my runtimes and find the bananas :roll:

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217
    edited December 1969

The site looks great! Thank you for the freebie! He's adorable, but I think he likes to get into mischief. %-P

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Congrats on the new site. Nice and clean and works fine for me. Logged in with no issue. Thanks for the cute little gifts. :-)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the little guy. I promise not to feed him any bananas. I like your site. As Wolfie says nice and clean, very professional looking.

• jcrabbjcrabb Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Thank you...nice character. I played with the expressions really good stuff as usual. Nice clean site...seems to work fine for me. You really have an amazing body of work.
    Jim

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I like the new site. Had to ask for a password reset and got the mail, the link worked.
    Thanks for the adorable cutie!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

New site looks great! Had to reset my password - no problems. Thanks so much for the cute little guy! :)

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, very cute :)

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I get an SQL error when I click on the link in the first post :(

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Wow! Nice! Though, I noticed that all of the TC2 plug-ins aren't available there? Will they be shortly?

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:

Please email me a screenshot of the error, so I can have it investigated.

steve[at]3duniverse.co.za

edited December 1969

atryeu said:

I'm still getting it today. How about just copy and pasted? I'm on dialup and it takes awhile to send attachments on my speed -_- Below is what keeps coming up:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/includes\asp\site_functions.asp, line 237

Nothing else loads on the page except that text above.

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    atryeu said:

I'm still getting it today. How about just copy and pasted? I'm on dialup and it takes awhile to send attachments on my speed -_- Below is what keeps coming up:

Give it another go now...
    S

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

Visited the site and got the cute download. New site looks good! Thanks for all the great products over the years!! I especially liked viewing the commissions you've done. Barrack looks great. LOL

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    atryeu said:

Give it another go now...
    S

Looks like it will work now :) I'm short on time and couldn't load the whole page, but the title and first bit started loading without the error, yay, thanks! I'll try and grab the cute little guy tomorrow night :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Finally got Gruggle installed.

As part of his initiation into the fraternity of monsters he discovers he has to have his nails polished.

NailPolish-Next.jpg
    800 x 600 - 105K
    edited December 1969

LOL - that's adorable, Spit!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Alisa! :)

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Now THAT'S funny! Good job Spit!

-MJ

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Visited the site and got the cute download. New site looks good! Thanks for all the great products over the years!! I especially liked viewing the commissions you've done. Barrack looks great. LOL
    I have to admit, their commissioned works gallery really shows off the quality of their work, and that's only a fraction of the commissions they've done, as not all of them are publicized. If I were a wealthier individual, I'd have contracted them ages ago for a few custom figures. Luckily for me, their store has a huge range of characters, clothes and props so there's still plenty to get my teeth into. If my near-fanboyism wasn't enough to go by, I've been a huge fan of 3DU since I first picked up Toon Girl Sadie for Poser, so I've been keeping a close eye on their new releases.

Anyway, I must stop drooling and get back to work. I've got a toon Santa to integrate into a nice Christmas scene for the young siblings. 'Tis the season to be jolly after all.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Finally got Gruggle installed.

As part of his initiation into the fraternity of monsters he discovers he has to have his nails polished.

Great image Spit!

• edited December 1969

Steve the little guy is adorable! How do you get him to smile with his teeth closed, like in your 2nd pic? I posted some textures for him in the free stuff forum. Thanks!

edited December 1969

pokeydots said:
    Steve the little guy is adorable! How do you get him to smile with his teeth closed, like in your 2nd pic? I posted some textures for him in the free stuff forum. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. The second image has the following head morphs:
    EyeClosedL: 23.4%
    EyeWorriedR: 28.9%
    MouthGrin: 91.6%

S

• edited December 1969

Thanks Steve!