Genesis Starter Kit Essentials for Poser trouble

Nick_1939Nick_1939 Posts: 37
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,
Has anyone encountered trouble trying to load the Genesis Starter Kit Essentials into Poser? I've tried on several occasions and I keep getting an error message "Error changing permissions to 0755 in /Applications/Poser Pro 2012/"

Prior to running the installation this is what I see during the installer in which I've selected customize installation.
RuntimeContent Path: /Applications/Poser Pro 2012
DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path (x64): /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit

It begins to download but then stops with the error message above. With Retry, Abort, or cancel as the options.
I have all permissions set to me (User). I even went into terminal to manually see if I could change executive privileges but in doing so I've received "Folder or Files" not found. After dragging the Poser folder to the terminal. I need help!
Thanks

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,881
    edited December 1969

Mac? Certainly on Windows at least one of the folders should not be in Program Files, the equivalent of the Applications folder, as the plugin needs to be able to write to the folder as well as to read from it. Try placing one of your content directories in the Documents folder and see if it works then.

• Nick_1939Nick_1939 Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast response. I should've mentioned that I am using a Mac. When you say content directory? can you be more specific.
    Thanks.

edited December 1969

The folders you have selected in Poser, that show in the Library panel - External Runtimes or External Libraries.

edited December 1969

Hello,
    Got it, Thanks. Poser Pro 12 content is in my SHARED folder. I don't know how I missed this but everything downloaded ok.

edited December 1969

Hello Again,
    I spoke to fast. Everything downloaded ok but I don't know where the files were placed. Essential Starter Kit is not showing up in Poser Pro 2012 \. Also, I reran the Poser Companion Installer but nothing happened. Not sure if my paths are correct but I know that my shared content is where I've gone before to install other products. I just couldn't remember where this time. I use Poser Pro 2010 more frequently. I need step by step instructions to do this. I will uninstall and wait for a response. Thanks so much.

edited December 1969

Both the Starter Essentials and the Companion Files should be installed to the Poser Pro 2012 Content folder (assuming the name is kept the same on mac as on Windows). Then you should be able to find the files in your Poser library, just like regular Poser content.

edited December 1969

Richard,
    Just wanted to let you know that EVERYTHING is working properly and I thank you very much for all of your help.