Making changes to an animation.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

Let's say I place an aniblock in the timeline but I want a pose like an expression or a foot correction applied to each frame. I had assumed I could do it manually simply by scrolling through each frame and applying the corrective poses to the frame, but when I replay the animation it returns to the expressionless, non-foot corrected version again.

How can I make changes like that to an animation?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You must first BURN the AniMate time line to the DS Timeline. Then you can edit as much as you like.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I also notice that the smoothing modifiers on my clothing aren't getting applied when I animate. Do you have to set the smoothing modifiers higher for animation than for still renders or can it not render smoothing modifiers in animation?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To tell you the truth I refuse to use Genesis in AniMate. I only work with the Gen4's. What you see is what renders with them.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI :)

If you have animate 2,. then you should be able to create an expression track as a clip,. in another layer.

As for smoothing on clothing,..
    Q: is the issue when you're playing back the animation in the scene "preview" ,... or when you render the animation.

Generally ,,,. the priority is to play back your animation in real time,.. or near it. in the scene window.
    Smoothing on clothing takes time to calculate, and that slows down the ability to play back your animation in real-time, smoothly.

try a short render.

Hope it helps :)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Yeah I figured the smoothing modifier wouldn't work in preview but it also doesn't seem to be allowing enough time for it to work in rendering either.