Smart content, yellow triangle

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

In a brave attempt to get my content organized, i've been creating metadata for my gen4 stuff.
Sometimes the product shows up in my smart content with a yellow triangle, wich supposedly means something like 'bad reference' or 'missing file'.
Is there an easy way to find out what exactly is missing or badly referenced so i can fix it; or is there a way to have DS ignore this, and at least still show me the thumbnail of my product ?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I thought you could right-click on the ones with the yellow triangle, and the 'Remove Orphaned References' or words to that effect. I don;t have any so I can't check. If you go to the Content Library tab, and use the drop-down menu there, you should find Content DB Maintenance, and it has that option.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Have tried that one before, it works only on just one of the possible causes of bad reference. There are a few other options in there as well, but i have no idea what they do. Which probably means i should make a backup of my content db, and start trying out :-)

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Yes, always a good idea. I think we have all done it the other way to our regeret at some time :)

edited December 1969

No luck with the other options either.
    Don't feel like putting much more effort and time in it, but then again, i do want this solved...

edited December 1969

Don't give up yet.

There are quite a few people here who know a lot more about this problem than I do, and they will be around the forums a bit later on.
    I know it is annoying, but hold on for a little while, and I'm sure you will get some answers.

edited December 1969

Would it be possible to open the content db externally ? Maybe i could find some clues in there.

edited December 1969

As far as I am aware, it is a Valentino database, but I have never looked into it at all, I am not even sure where it is stored, although I'm sure I could find out :)

edited December 1969

Victory !!
    Well, sort of... Still don't know if and where you can see what throws the triangle error in DS, but today i got rid of the last two remaining yellow triangles in my smart content pane. Turns out there was something wrong with the thumbnails, and all i had to do was open and resave the thumbnails in gimpshop. Doh !!