Backdrops

sheedee3Dsheedee3D Posts: 214
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello;

I am trying to apply the wood material preset to the edge attached to the backdrop...but nothing is happening...something has to be wrong somewhere...

on the product page it says that there are presets for both Daz and Poser...
in the Poser thumbnails i only one set of materials...it doesnt say whether its for Daz or Poser. (and by the way...i also have this product installed in Studio 4.5 and all materials work perfectly.
during installation i just pointed the installler to my PoserPro executable path...and the exp was installed...only some of these materials are not applying.

this seems all very strange...

link to product:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/backdrops-exp-2-eras-of-interiors

thanks for viewing.

Comments

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited November 2012

sheedee3D said:
    Hello;

I am trying to apply the wood material preset to the edge attached to the backdrop...but nothing is happening...something has to be wrong somewhere...

on the product page it says that there are presets for both Daz and Poser...
    in the Poser thumbnails i only one set of materials...it doesnt say whether its for Daz or Poser. (and by the way...i also have this product installed in Studio 4.5 and all materials work perfectly.
    during installation i just pointed the installler to my PoserPro executable path...and the exp was installed...only some of these materials are not applying.

this seems all very strange...

link to product:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/backdrops-exp-2-eras-of-interiors

thanks for viewing.

Hi Sheedee3D

You say you've installed this for DS4.5 and it's working fine, so I am assuming you've also installed this into your DS runtime and that you also have the parent product ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/backdrops-made-easy ). Have you tried setting up a runtime in Poser Pro that accesses the same one? You don't have to install files in two separate places for Poser and DS.

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • sheedee3Dsheedee3D Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

I dont quite understand this thing about setting up a runtime that poser can also access...normally i point the installers to either the Poser executable or in the case of Daz Studio to the Studio my library path, and everything works fine.

Does this mekan that in the future i can point installers to only one runtime (or library) and make Poser access the Studio library?...

how would i go about doing this?...

What i find most weird about the whole situation is that on the product page it says that it comes with both Poser mat files & Studio mat files...but when installed into Poser...there is only one set of materials that can be accessed...part of them which works when applied...part which does not work wehn applied.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

I dont quite understand this thing about setting up a runtime that poser can also access…normally i point the installers to either the Poser executable or in the case of Daz Studio to the Studio my library path, and everything works fine.

I think what Blum is trying to say is that you don't need to install the same product in to Daz Studio and Poser directories, just point Poser to the Daz Studio content directory as shown below.

Does this mekan that in the future i can point installers to only one runtime (or library) and make Poser access the Studio library?...
    Yes

What i find most weird about the whole situation is that on the product page it says that it comes with both Poser mat files & Studio mat files…but when installed into Poser…there is only one set of materials that can be accessed…part of them which works when applied…part which does not work wehn applied.
    Yiou will not see the Daz Studio material presets in Poser which is how it supposed to be. But you will see both in Daz Studio.

AddLibrarys.jpg
    297 x 625 - 78K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

as for your issues I can't help sorry. You didn't answer Blum's question about purchasing the parent product http://www.daz3d.com/shop/backdrops-made-easy.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited November 2012

Szark said:
    as for your issues I can't help sorry. You didn't answer Blum's question about purchasing the parent product http://www.daz3d.com/shop/backdrops-made-easy.

If you look at the pic SheeDee has posted, it appears that the item has loaded into Poser, which is why I assumed the parent product had been purchased. I guess it wasn’t a question, but confirmation might help us, yes.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • sheedee3Dsheedee3D Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

And yes...i do have the parent product of course (backdrops made easy)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

sheedee3D said:
    And yes...i do have the parent product of course (backdrops made easy)

Very strange, do you have a textures folder in your poser runtime, can you try adding one manually to see if it works that way.