Fabricator for Poser Python problem?

TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm using Poser Pro 2012 and the Poser version of The Fabricator, on a Mac.

Everytime I try to use this I get this massive error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Poser Pro 2012/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/DSMH/Fabricator/fbFabrics.py", line 13, in
import P9fbFabrics
File "C:/P9_pycompilethisdir\Fabricator\P9fbFabrics.py", line 5, in
File "/Applications/Poser Pro 2012/Poser Pro 2012.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 48, in
import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Poser Pro 2012/Poser Pro 2012.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Poser Pro 2012/Poser Pro 2012.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

I installed the Poser version using the Mac installer. Everything is where it should be.. Any help??

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

IIRC, I don't think tkinter works on standard mac unless you upgrade tcl/tk

http://www.python.org/getit/mac/tcltk/

but even that might not help

maybe some mac person know solution

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SM changed the version of Python that Poser uses between Poser 7 and Poser 9, so it is possible that you need an updated version of Fabricator. I know the vendors are working to update the Python for most of their products, I am not certain if an update has been made for Fabricator yet, but contacting the vendors may help, they both do post on the forum regularly.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I am using Fabricator on PoserPro 2012 (however it's Windows).
    It's not a Python version problem, but a MAC problem with tkinter.

• TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Ugh.. thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do.