Product Request: Police Uniform... how about adapting Town and Country?

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was talking with a guy, and he needs a police uniform...

I don't think it would take much to make the necessary paraphanalia for town and country to become one
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/town-and-country-for-genesis

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Oskarsson has done one.Here you go.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited November 2012

Well ... there are three different police uniforms in the store.

Real World Heroes Police Officer M4/H4, and it autofits reasonably well (and the female version)

Real World Heroes Police Officer (for M3)

Police Officer by Oskarsson (essentially a one piece jumpsuit, including shoes as an attached part of the jumpsuit, but actually for Genesis -- there's a thread about it somewhere in these forums) (EDIT: Jinx!)

If the issue is that they actually have Town and Country, and just want to work with that, then you could always try downloading fabric shaders from ShareCG and seeing what happens. Most of the paraphernalia can be found at ShareCG as well, as long as you know what to look for. (Management bears no responsibility for the possibly psyche-searing things you may see if you search for "handcuffs".)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

Oskarsson police uniform looks nice, I was thinking that. except for one thing. Without a tie. It looks less than professional. More like a third world cop. If it wasn't for that I'd buy that uniform.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

DaleCar said:
    Oskarsson police uniform looks nice, I was thinking that. except for one thing. Without a tie. It looks less than professional. More like a third world cop. If it wasn't for that I'd buy that uniform.

Whether or not a uniform has a tie, or the person is required to wear it, seems to be highly variable in the US, and also seasonal -- short-sleeved summer uniforms seem less likely to have one, or the person is less likely to wear it. (And I think the daily wear ones are usually clip-on anyway, because having a criminal grab you by the neck and be able to strangle you would be a very bad idea indeed.) The Chicago Police Dept recruitment page shows people both with and without ties in the same image.

• DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

Possibly its the area where I live. Don't think I ever see a cop without a tie. Whether its a clip on or not has no bearing on the issue. Probably it is safer to wear a clip on. But the tie does, in my opinion make it look more professional

Possibly I'm missing something too. The oskarsoson uniform just looks off for some reason. My first thinking was it was the lack of a tie. The real world uniform looks better. Just my opinion really

freeze!_LR.jpg
    2000 x 1032 - 359K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I wasn't aware of oskarsoson's police uniform... but I still think that TnC would make a fantastic police outfit.