Well, gee thanks

cimairacimaira Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just wanted to say, thanks so much for adding to the click fest that has become the DAZ store shopping/purchase experience.

Now, not only do I have to shuffle through all past purchases to see if I've already bought something,
when I DO buy something I have to sift through all the different file types to figure out what I need for my software of choice.

NOW with these fancy new vendor pages, there is no way to sort by software!

Although I guess that doesn't really matter anymore, since DAZ counts everything Poser compatible since DSON came out. Well, guess what DAZ, not everyone uses DSON, so being able to sort by software was very useful.

You know, like auto notice I'd already purchased something, being able to choose between PC or Mac files or being able to tell by dcp/ds file names if it was needed for Poser or DS.

I'm not clicking through every item in a vendors store to see if it works in Poser or is DS only.

Yeah, I know, my loss, quit whining, shop somewhere else..blah, blah ect, ect.

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2012

Yeah, I hear you. Maybe sorting by DSON/non-DSON files is something that Taozen should add into his next 3D Content Downloader update. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited November 2012

I've had other requests for this, but the lack of consistency in DAZ file naming system makes it difficult to make reliable filters.

I'm going to take a look at it anyway though when I get the time, and see what can be done.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

there are filters on the left frame.

it lets you choose between Poser and DSON, something i really,really appreciate.

the Fastgrab page doesn't show the filter options, atleast, as of 3 minutes ago.

storeFilters.jpg
    206 x 720 - 51K
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it lets you choose between Poser and DSON, something i really,really appreciate.

the Fastgrab page doesn't show the filter options, atleast, as of 3 minutes ago.

Yes, on most of the regular shopping pages there are options. Yesterday, I was looking at AprilYSH's sale page.. no option.
    Stonemason's page, no option to sort by software.

On those pages, and maybe more, those are just the ones I noticed, the only filters are for the number of items shown, name, price, release date or position.

I'm just guessing, but I assume before they are finished "improving the site", all vendor pages will look that way when you search by vendor. I hope I'm wrong.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

cimaira said:

Yes, on most of the regular shopping pages there are options. Yesterday, I was looking at AprilYSH's sale page.. no option.
    Stonemason's page, no option to sort by software.

On those pages, and maybe more, those are just the ones I noticed, the only filters are for the number of items shown, name, price, release date or position.

I'm just guessing, but I assume before they are finished "improving the site", all vendor pages will look that way when you search by vendor. I hope I'm wrong.

i wouldn't shop without poser (non dson) filters. same for the rmp. :ohh:

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And now we can add 3D Universe page to the list of those with no software choice.