genesis and custom morphs

PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know some vendors are selling V4 and genesis injs how do you put a custom morph into the genesis head? Any help would be great. I am trying to expand my products to include Daz but I do not understand anything about it! Most tuts I have looked up lead to dead links. ty again :)

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

If you make a custom morph for V4, you can simply transfer it with Generation X to Genesis and it'll have it's own slider.

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for the reply! I am so confused by genesis, I do have pro because its free, but still don't understand daz! LOL What is the genesis that is included in pro? What else do I HAVE to have to use generation x other than the plug in. Sorry but you opened a very large can of worms with me! LOLOLOL tysm!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271
    edited December 1969

What are you wanting to do - apply a morph you have made for V4 to Genesis? Or save a morph you have created for Genesis so that it can be distributed? GenX will do the latter, but to get the same results people will need the gen 4 iconic shapes to make Genesis V4-shaped to start with. The latter is File>Save as>Support Asset>DSF Morph, enter your merchant name and a product name, and pick the morph(s) from the expandable tree at the bottom of the dialogue. The files will then be in \Data\DAZ 3d\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Yourname\Yourproduct.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Richard, I'm curious: is there a way to edit the data in the GenX created dials to make them appear elsewhere? I haven't looked at them at all, but I'm guessing they're editable in Notepad, or am I wrong?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271
    edited December 1969

You could edit the DSF files (with care) if GenX doesn't allow you to change grouping. I don't have it to try, however.

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

If you use blender millighost has made export and import scripts for dsf files:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2834649
    The scripts in the beginning of the thread are a bit outdated, there are newer further down.
    The workflow is for the scripts and morphs are very easy.
    edit:
    There is a description on how to move a morph from "Actor" to, for instance, "Face" in the thread, it is very easy.

Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
  • RF InteractiveRF Interactive Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

If I am not entirely wrong you could also use the built-in property editor to change the grouping for a morph.

• backgroundbackground Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

If I am not entirely wrong you could also use the built-in property editor to change the grouping for a morph.

Yes you can drag and drop morphs between groups in the property editor. You can also choose a group from a list, but I can't use that option because I don't know how to access the parts of the list that are not shown on the first page of groups ( anyone know how to do this? ).

I don't use GenX for loading morphs. I normally load the moph into Studio with the Morph Loader, which puts the morph into the MorphLoader group, then once I am happy that it works I use property editor to drop it into the desired group. You can also use property editor to change the the options on a morph, such as 'autofollow' , which will make clothing pick up and follow your morph. Property editor has an option to save changed assets, so your morph will always be available, in whichever group to placed it.

• dylyn.prosserdylyn.prosser Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you just want to transfer a morph from Victoria 4 or Michael 4, you don't have to use GenX. In the old forum, there were instructions on how to make an injectible V4/M4 morph into a single-dial morph for Genesis. The original post by 3doutlaw is here: "http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=186411&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40".

It took me a few tries, but I eventually was able to take several different custom M4 morphs and transfer them to Genesis. I used the new dials with other Genesis shapes & create several different aliens I needed for a graphic novel.

The cute furry alien uses the Badger by Sparky at the Philosopher's Egg, along with the Genesis Gorilla body and a tail from the V4 Creature Creator package. The ugly scaly alien combines Sparky's Solaris & RawArt's Dragalien for M4 with Midnight Stories' Brute and Lycan and RawArt's Draco, all for Genesis. The texture is from Draco.

uglyscalyalien.jpg
    300 x 600 - 78K
    cutefurryalien.jpg
    512 x 512 - 79K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

If you just want to transfer a morph from Victoria 4 or Michael 4, you don't have to use GenX. In the old forum, there were instructions on how to make an injectible V4/M4 morph into a single-dial morph for Genesis. The original post by 3doutlaw is here: "http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=186411&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40"

While not required, it does make the process a heck of a lot easier and faster.

... and omg that green thing is cute.