Newbie Question: how do I...

BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

...put an object (OBP) I downloaded into my scene?

I have it installed to my Bryce7/Presets/Objects folder but I don know if I import it; open it or merge it.

Bryce 7.1 Pro.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

I have it installed to my Bryce7/Presets/Objects folder but I don know if I import it; open it or merge it.

Bryce 7.1 Pro.

click it - then click the check mark for ok
    it will load into your scene

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Open your Create preset screen by clicking the little arrow beside the word creat e on the top line, then import the OBP into a folder there. You have a nice big empty folder called user, which you can find if you click the arrow besides "Installed" at the bottom of the box.

If it is already there than you don't need to import it.

THen once it is in there you click on it to bring it into your scene.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2012

BWSman said:

Bryce 7.1 Pro.

If you have it in the right place (see http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf if you are uncertain).

Goto the create shelf and open the object library (image1)

If it is not in the list on the left. Check for other categories (image 2)

When you have found it. Click on the thumb and then click on the check (image 3)

It should now appear in your scene.

(and no I don't know why the images are out of order - that's this fruity website for you!)

Image3.jpg
    250 x 232 - 32K
    Image2.jpg
    798 x 589 - 211K
    Image1.jpg
    794 x 247 - 98K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

see what happens when I give a answer - I love it :lol:

edited December 1969

bigh said:

No answers were there when I started answering... but then again, I am quite slow at reading and moderately sluggish at formulating a response. Much to Len's irritation, if I am in a thread with him, I will often "cross" him inadvertently.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Bryce 7.1 Pro.

If it's in your presets then it's ready to go and should come up by accessing the objects library which is accessed by clicking the triangle to the right of the word create at the top of the Bryce interface. The only problem you might have that I can think of would depend on how you put it in your presets. I'm assuming you put it there manually? Many people, myself included, like to organize things on their computer by grouping things in specific folders. To illustrate lets take a look at how I might have organized objects. You already start with the folder presets/objects. Now if I had many objects from the same vendor I might want to group them that way, lets say that artist's name was JSmith. So then I would have presets/objects/JSmith. If I just put the objects directly in that folder with no other sub folders then everything would be fine. Let's say though that some objects by JSmith are buildings and some are plants. I would be inclined then to seperate those by having a sub folder under JSmith for Buildings and one for Plants. Yielding presets/objects/JSmith/Buildings and presets/objects/JSmith/Plants. Unfortunately if I did that I would not see any of those objects because Bryce only recognizes one folder level deep beyond the objects folder (same is true for other presets catagories as well). So just be careful how you organize things when manually bringing them into presets otherwise you might not be able to access things you put there.

Now assuming that isn't an issue in your case the process of getting it into your scene is: Open Bryce, load scene, click the little triangle next to create at the top of the Bryce interface, find the desired object, select the object by clicking on it, click the green check mark at the bottom right corner of the objects library window. This will then return you to the scene with the object loaded into the scene. You may still need to use the edit functions to move it around or resize it within your scene.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

bigh said:

Well I gave more details, and David did it the really good way. Lots of answers is better than half an answer for new users.

(and no I don't know why the images are out of order - that's this fruity website for you!)

David. Add your first image, then click Preview post, then you get an empty box to add the 2nd image, and then do it again to get the 3rd image.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    bigh said:

Well I gave more details, and David did it the really good way. Lots of answers is better than half an answer for new users.

David. Add your first image, then click Preview post, then you get an empty box to add the 2nd image, and then do it again to get the 3rd image.

Yes I did that. Twice even!

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for providing the information & images for locating the file. That did the trick.