Carrara Challenge #28: “Marriage” WIP Thread

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250

Work, work, work... right? Man! As if you're not busy enough... now you have to design stuff? Where's the justification?!!!

They'll be the best darned table placards ever made, I'm sure! Oh crap... I'm cheerleading again... Argh!

Well while I'm at it... I can't wait to grab that new course! Is it like a full course like your other ones?

Ooops... sorry for all of the OT!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,140

He he - I've just had a vision of you in a cheerleader outfit - pink of course, as you said it was a favourite! But I feel we are getting side tracked - back to the Challenge!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    Varsel said:

Here is my final design.

The trees started as a birch. (one of HowieFarkes. I use them a lot as a base, cause they are ready shaded.) I tried to shape it into a bent shape in the plant editor, with no luck.

I then tried to apply a Bend and Twist modifier to it, with the result that the tree lost all its leaves.

Then I tried to convert it into a Vertex object, with the result that it crashed Carrara. crying

So I converted it to a primitive model, and then the Bend and Twist modifier did its job.

The frame is a vertex model, that I created one corner, and then in a copy off the main picture , positioning it and then with modelling in the Assembly Room, copy/paste the three other corner. It was then rendered as a .png, with transparant background.

wow thanks for that clue about the primitif and the bend modifier - I am always bending carrara plants and losing their leaves

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Gosh.. must I pick 1??  Both on the left look better than pink or the ones at right. The florets contrast better with the left side... but I'm certaiinly no expert. IMO pink is a girly thing.. my neice loved pink... so I've seen too many pink picture frames... not for me tho... blue's my thang. Blue jeans, multi , toned down, colored shirt.. blue, brown, yellow black or any shade of blue only... but not blue for a picture frame either.

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

This is the time old marriage between mouse and cheese and that trap.. and how to get around it..

Spent this arvo making a mouse trap, wall with mouse hole and the floor before the NRL Grand Final starts..  as well as decking out the mouse in his gear... that will be it for the next 24 hours,, hic... 

Final render no postwork apart from my sig 

a friend of mine is a divorce lawyer - maybe he can use your work as a logo :) nice work as always

head wax said:
    Varsel said:

Here is my final design.

The trees started as a birch. (one of HowieFarkes. I use them a lot as a base, cause they are ready shaded.) I tried to shape it into a bent shape in the plant editor, with no luck.

I then tried to apply a Bend and Twist modifier to it, with the result that the tree lost all its leaves.

Then I tried to convert it into a Vertex object, with the result that it crashed Carrara. crying

So I converted it to a primitive model, and then the Bend and Twist modifier did its job.

The frame is a vertex model, that I created one corner, and then in a copy off the main picture , positioning it and then with modelling in the Assembly Room, copy/paste the three other corner. It was then rendered as a .png, with transparant background.

wow thanks for that clue about the primitif and the bend modifier - I am always bending carrara plants and losing their leaves

Darned beautiful image too! Great job Varsel!

head wax said:
    Varsel said:

Here is my final design.

Darned beautiful image too! Great job Varsel!

head wax said:
    Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

This is the time old marriage between mouse and cheese and that trap.. and how to get around it..

Spent this arvo making a mouse trap, wall with mouse hole and the floor before the NRL Grand Final starts..  as well as decking out the mouse in his gear... that will be it for the next 24 hours,, hic... 

Final render no postwork apart from my sig 

a friend of mine is a divorce lawyer - maybe he can use your work as a logo :) nice work as always

Really is an amazing image. Love the gear on the thief, and the eyes of anticipation in the darkness... brilliant!

The conTraption is really nice too!

edited October 2016

Here's something proper-like. Plain Jane V4 with plain jane M4.

I used the Voldemart cloth plugin on a circus dress and the Philemeno bridge to work it up in Carrara.

Title 'Remington Wedding"

the other image is how the dress looked before Voldemart plugin

v4pregnant-HDR.jpg
    1258 x 1765 - 1M
    v4pregnantbeforefit.jpg
    917 x 1648 - 148K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Head Wax - fun image!

Thank you Philw , nice to see the foot on the other shoe . Plus had to get the Voldemort plugin in there somehow. 

head wax, Cool.  V4 says to M4 come with me now or die. :)

• A little further along this time. I have my cloth wedding dress - not sure how happy sadie's mom would be about using her lace table cloth as a dress - and a top hat for the groom.  All I need now is one a dad's ties for the groom.

wip3.JPG
    426 x 386 - 42K
    wip2.JPG
    491 x 418 - 43K

Looking good swordisions.

wgdjohn said:

head wax, Cool.  V4 says to M4 come with me now or die. :)

thanks wgdjohn , that's how we do thing in oz... here there are so many beautiful women it's hard to decide... so we get it decided for us .

@swordvisions, that's a delicious image , just the right amount of cute

edited October 2016

V4 and M4 joined in unison with the Voldemort cloth plugin. Please click for big.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1307 x 966 - 480K
    statuespost.jpg
    2000 x 2667 - 2M
    Post edited by Headwax on
    edited October 2016

Head Wax - amazing work!

Post edited by PhilW on

thanks PhilW I'll have to break off an arm to make it more Romanesque ;)

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited October 2016

To be in season, my try at an Halloween marriage.

All characters are Genesis with Creature Creator morphs.

All shaders are mine. Most of them use textures from Nobiax, zombie girl skin uses some from  MC-MMM shaders here at Daz

Background is a 8192x4096 background from http://www.hdri-hub.com/free-samples. Lighting doesn't use the included HDR, but a custom lightdome of 256 lights created from the background jpg by a plugin of mine (that I may release someday :-) )

Clothes are draped using the same Voldemort plugin head wax is using. :-)

Rendered through Carrara native renderer (luxcore beta has expired and no new versionsad )

Post work is a white balance in Gimp

Carrara view of the scene

final image

Carrara.png
    1366 x 728 - 512K
    Doc6d.png
    1080 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • Head Wax,

I agree with PhilW, it's pretty impressive

Philemo - great characters and render!  That plugin sounds interesting!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2016
    head wax said:

Here's something proper-like. Plain Jane V4 with plain jane M4.

I used the Voldemart cloth plugin on a circus dress and the Philemeno bridge to work it up in Carrara.

Title 'Remington Wedding"

the other image is how the dress looked before Voldemart plugin

lol 

Post edited by Chohole on

head wax,  you're renders never cease to amaze me.  Not until Misty reposted did I notice the Toon edges... wonder how they were created Carrara's Toon Render, DCG Toon Pro... perhaps some added Post Work?? hmmm....

Pilemo, cool... I'm calling them the Ghoularra family. :)  great to see something that fit's Halloween.

Please let me know if this violates TOS... and I will delete and change.

This is Genesis 2, pay no attention to the filename.. typo, and will look more like a statue in the end as I'll add a reflective look to the stone. I modeled and shaded the the base earlier today as well as loading in the figure and adjusting the pose I also loaded. The floor is a simple brown color that I added bump and displacement to. The background is an early texture map that I created in ImageFX on my Amiga years ago... just messing around with its Effects

I am thinking of having a Genesis 2 clothed male proposing to the statue. I'll also get rid of the floor and backgroud... haven't decided yet if I'll use my own or a building interior.... hmmm...

G3_Ninive6_wBase_04b.png
    480 x 640 - 456K

wgdjohn base looks good - love the gold trim 

Philemo said:

To be in season, my try at an Halloween marriage.

All characters are Genesis with Creature Creator morphs.

All shaders are mine. Most of them use textures from Nobiax, zombie girl skin uses some from  MC-MMM shaders here at Daz

Background is a 8192x4096 background from http://www.hdri-hub.com/free-samples. Lighting doesn't use the included HDR, but a custom lightdome of 256 lights created from the background jpg by a plugin of mine (that I may release someday :-) )

Clothes are draped using the same Voldemort plugin head wax is using. :-)

Rendered through Carrara native renderer (luxcore beta has expired and no new versionsad )

Post work is a white balance in Gimp

Carrara view of the scene

final image

that's wonderful Philemo, there's a real feeling of cloth on those figures - the girl on the right is superb too

thanks @Mistymist :) Marriage is many things to many people...

@Philemo et @wgdjohn thanks too :)

wgdjohn the lines are from a coverage pass and also toonpro :) here is the original before post work

I didn't worry that it was too dark because I also render out materail diffuse and a shadow pass - there is a wealth of pictorial information you can use in  them ;)

v4pregnant.jpg
    1541 x 1825 - 251K
    v4pregnant_MaterialDiffuse.jpg
    1512 x 1787 - 268K
    v4pregnant_Shadow.jpg
    1306 x 1765 - 165K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited October 2016

Fantastic job, everybody.  Here is an update of the marriage between chocolate and peanut butter in lush Reeses goodness.

Jar is a spline object.  I rendered a label separately then applied it to the jar using the rectangle tool in texture room.

The actual peanut butter in the jar is a metaball object.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I Inserted a metaball cylinder and then used a negative metaball sphere to scoop out some from the top.

The chocolate bar is a vertex object.

peanut butter metaball 3 negative metaball.JPG
    958 x 681 - 51K
    Reeses Wedding WIP.JPG
    1851 x 924 - 159K
    Reeses Wedding Entry.jpg
    800 x 600 - 22K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    diomede said:

Fantastic job, everybody. 

+1 yes

Yo diomede... you got chocolate in my peanut butter!

edited October 2016

Dart, you got peanut butter on my chocolate!  LOL.  Will anyone marry cookies and cream in a carton of ice cream?

Worth paying a few more bucks for the good stuff, IMHO.

edited October 2016

Instead of a harem from the Levant in the middle ages, I am going to another corner of the globe.  I am putting together a winter scene.  I want a snowy landscape with a road track (sleigh) through it.  I am also replicating snowy pine trees.  And, I want an area off the road where a motel can be located.  And, there needs to be an entrance from the road to the motel. 

I started in Photoshop Elements, where I made a black and white 513 by 513 heightmap of the road, entrance, and area reserved for the motel.  I made a new layer, all white, and then scored the road and path as if they had been trampled by feet and sleigh tracks.  I also made a heightmap for a hill by using the blur function.  Finally, I made one more file, this time a black and white distribution map for the pine trees.

In Carrara, I started a new medium scene and inserted a terrain object.  I increased its size to 513 by 513.  First, I imported the hill map and set its height to 40.  I then imported the first flat road/entrance/hotel heightmap and set it to 3  That carved out the road, etc.  I then imported the second scratchy road/entrance map and set the height to 0.5 to make it look like the road and entrance were in use.  I loaded a few trees from RDNA and replicated them on the hillside using the distribution map.  I had to adjust the heights of the imported terrain maps.  I then loaded some cute figures by Smay (Gosha and Mavka) and Daz's reindeer and sleigh. 

I think this is a good start on the landscape.  I need to take care of poses, lots of shaders, and the motel and sign.  Other suggestions welcome, as always.

aa02 road sidewalk building base.JPG
    513 x 513 - 56K
    aa05 hill blur.JPG
    1010 x 814 - 40K
    aa06 heightmaps loaded in the terrain editor.JPG
    1909 x 988 - 176K
    winter marriage wip.jpg
    640 x 480 - 42K