Dynamic Clothing Control plugin

MarchosiusMarchosius Posts: 69
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi Guys,

Is the basic Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in included in the daz 5.4 not working or out dated?
Cant seem to load or use the content from optitex, All I get in the scene tab is a rig, but no content.

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

you need to download and install the most recent version of dynamic clothing control plugin in your account

another thing to check is if you have the content properly installed, i accidentally lost my data folder when i backed it up and none of my dynamic content works and has to be reinstalled.

• MarchosiusMarchosius Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast reply!

Where will I be able to download the latest plug-in?

I am talking about the basic one included with daz 4.5, not the purchased one though. Wish I had it lol

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2012

You already have it, the D|S program installer includes the basic dynamics plugin. If you have the latest program version, you have the latest plugin version.

Your actual problem might be the same as what I think I'm getting now that I'm making more effort to get used to 4.5 — some items, in particular some dynamic clothes, either didn't save their /data/ files properly in D|S3, or D|S 4.5 is misreading the data folder location from the old scene files. I think I'll have to file a support ticket for this, it's a bit of a head-scratcher.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited December 1969

On my side when going to help->About installed plugins it shows the dzoptitexclothcontrol plugin as failed to load.
    Reason: Plug-in was made for an unsupported version of DAZ Studio.

On my previous version of 4.5 it worked just near to perfect.
    Im currently on Daz Studio 4.5.1.6 pro (64)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2012

Hmm, odd. I'm on 4.5.1.6 Pro 64-bit as well, and I have the full Control plugin also named dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll and it's listed as working properly. I'd reccommend opening a support ticket to get to the bottom of your problem. It still sounds a bit like my "misplaced /data/ files" glitch, but not quite close enough to be sure we are having the same problem.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@Marchosius: go in the DS4/plugins subfolder and rename dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic to dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.
    @SpottedKitty: hmm, not sure, but some clothes have been remade around the DS 3.1.x.y days, it's perhaps worth a shot to try and redownload them to see if they were indeed updated.

edited December 1969

Hi ReDave, the file already have no .basic extention on it