Country Lane 2 & Howie Farkes Stuff Is On Sale

Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Just saw and purchased the new Howie Farkes product Country Lane 2 . I also saw that all the other Howie Farkes products are on sale right now too.

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Just saw and purchased the new Howie Farkes product Country Lane 2 . I also saw that all the other Howie Farkes products are on sale right now too.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to use these products in DS? I'm almost tempted to learn Carrara just to use them and also the English Village product but would prefer to be able to use them in DS...
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Pendraia :)

I'm afraid It's a no,.
    These scenes use the Surface replicators, and replicators, and the tree's / plants are made in Carrara's Plant tools.
    so it's a scene which is custom built for Carrara , and uses Carrara's features.

sorry :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited December 1969

you can do a spherical render and stick it on Dimension theory's skies of terra or urban recreation instead of his photos or images.
    I think it would be a great idea if Howie released some background renders in a set for this purpose.
    I have done them in the past for others who cannot get Carrara to finish the scene due to computer limitations having been there myself but have had a rethink on the legality of sharing such an image even though it is just a render.
    However if Howie sold some it would be a nice gesture for those unfortunate enough to not have the joy of using Carrara.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I am one of those unfortunates who would definitely buy renders of Howies scenes - but only if they were sold by Howie.

A couple of years back someone was selling renders and although it seems the sale was perfectly legal, got his/her face ripped off by the folks here for moral reasons, with which I fully agree.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI Pendraia :)

I'm afraid It's a no,.
    These scenes use the Surface replicators, and replicators, and the tree's / plants are made in Carrara's Plant tools.
    so it's a scene which is custom built for Carrara , and uses Carrara's features.

sorry :)

Thanks for the answer...I thought that might be the case.

Wendy and Roygee,sounds like a good idea! I would certainly be interested in a set like that...