Export FBX with just a few morphs

I'm trying to export from daz studio to 3ds max as fbx. If a load a basic character without any morphs, genesis for example, and use the default pose - i can export and import properly into 3ds max. If i select a more complex character like V7 - i export it as fbx but when it imports into max it crashes. Apparentl, 3ds max can only import fbx files with up to 100 morphs - however, when using a pose, there are tons of morphs active.

I don't need these morphs active, i just need the character and pose, to render it in max. How can i remove those morphs, or embed them into the model somehow, in order to be able to import into max? I don't need to do any posing or anymation in max, just need to import and render.

Comments

• I don't use FBX, but I believe you need to use the Morph Rules button in the export dialogue.

• I have set the morph rules, however, changing between bake, export and ignore doesn't seem to make a difference. Are there any instructions on how to set the morph rules? Also, if you don't use FBX, is there any other way to export to 3ds max?

• i know it might not be much use to in this instance, but morph rules DO work in import to c4d, so the information IS being written in the file somewhere, i wouldnt be suprised if you have to import/export using different versions of fbx until you find the one that works. its annoying with FBX you would expect the latest revision to be the one that works the best?

• It might help to post screenhots of your settings.

• If all you need is the character and pose, then you might try an OBJ export.  I lost my Max several years ago, but I seem to remember exporting a single figure in a single pose as OBJ (this was before FBX existed) sucessfully.  I can't recall if I needed to reateach maps or not.

Hope this helps.

• the format for exporting morphs via a rules.csv is "morph_regex", "operation".   So you would match the name, or part of a name that you want then what you want it to do.  Eg,  "Gen", "Export"  will export all morphs from Genesis collections