(Resolved) Weight Mapping V4

Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0

Hi, I am trying to weight map my Victoria 4 character so that she can in turn transfer that information over to clothing made in Zbrush using the transfer utility.. but Daz crashes every time I try to wight map her :(

The program crashes the instant I try to apply general weight mapping to the figure. The error report says:

"DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DzCore.dll" at 0033:00000000E364C8E3, DzConvertFigure::moveFigureProperties()+915 byte(s)"

Anyone able to shed some light o whats happening here? thx :)

Post edited by Freelancer604 on

Comments

• Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok.. um.. now I feel dumb cuz I just rigged the clothing I needed to rig using a fresh V4.2 model and then changed the parent of the clothing over to my inexplicably unweight mappable model.

It still kind of bugs me that she cant be weight mapped though.. I got by this time, but I just know that eventually it will come back to bite me if i dont find a solution and get her mapped!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

You wouldn't want to use General Weight mapping anyway - that uses a single weight map for each joint, instead of one for each parameter as with TriAx, so it will give a less faithful reproduction of the joints.

Which version of DS is this? I do recall there being some issues with conversion in earlier builds, but I thought it was working OK in the current and recent builds.

edited December 1969

Oh wow.. for some reason I was convinced that TriAx was genesis exclusive and didnt bother to try it. Thanks Richard!

I still cant figure out why the main model rejects the weight mapping process though.. maybe because I have all of the Xameva perfect V4 injections in her joints along with some modification morphs from zbrush.. I never did figure out how to remove, transfer, or save morphs created in zbrush or through the "spawn morph" feature in the D-form utility.. is there a guide on that by any chance?

As for DS, I am using the latest version provided by the daz site as of last friday, so its probably not that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Probably worth a bug report - there may be something in the ERC for the Xameva products that is unexpected and causing a problem, or it may not like the unsaved ZBrush morphs - either way, something the developers should look at.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

A little tip, don't convert any of the older figures to Weight Mapping unless you want a hell of a lot of work, just saving your freshly converted figure as a "figure/prop asset" (which is what your meant to use) will stop you from being able to use any of your morphs with it, as you can't INJect into a DSON morph file.

edited December 1969

Yeah i was just wondering why the mapped rigging figure I made wouldnt accept morph injections @.@ Thanks for the heads up though!

I think this rigging issue is done with, I can rig all the clothing I want using a fresh mapped V4 and just save the clothing for use on my other models and it works fine. Thank you Richard and Bej!