How to fit stockings on V4 legs

IchtosIchtos Posts: 28
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I juste tried to fit some stockings on my V4 legs (Daz 4 pro) It doesn't fit exactly, so I have a lot of adjustments to make it "stick" the skin. But, it is quite hard to do that by trying one ore another parameters. Is there anotheer way of doing that. It take too much time and I think I 'm missing some better and faster way to fit my stockings. Any help will be welcome.

Comments

• IchtosIchtos Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Hi, I just tried to fit some stockings on my V4 legs (Daz 4 pro) It doesn't fit exactly, so I have a lot of adjustments to make it "stick" the skin. But, it is quite hard to do that by trying one ore another parameters. Is there another way of doing that. It take too much time and I think I 'm missing some better and faster way to fit my stockings. Any help will be welcome.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Which pair of stockings are we talking about?

Is it a base V4 or morphed?

If it is morphed, are you sure the morph is one supported by the stockings?

Some pokethrough that requires fixing with extra morphs is very normal with V4, but it sounds like you're having more trouble than that.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

First try "Transfer Active Morphs" found under Scene Pane > Options Box (top right of the Pane) > Assets > Transfer Active Morphs and let it do its thing.

If you still get the issues you have then select the Stockings and In the Scene Pane Options Box choose Edit > Geometry > Add Smoothing Modifier. Then again with the stocking selected go in to the Parameters Pane and find Mesh Smoothing. The smoothing should be set to 1 or 2 and the Collision set to the figure you are using and try a value of 10 to start with and increase if needed. However if the mesh of the stockings isn't fine enough it may not work correctly so apply SudD (subdividing the mesh) this can also be found under the Scene Pane Options Box > Edit > Geometry > Convert to SubD.

Post edited by Szark on
  • IchtosIchtos Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Valentina Lingerie + Manami Character. But I did'nt check the morph compatibility...

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

If your using DS4 then just add a smoothing modifier to the stockings, set it to collide with V4 which should be done by default if they are already parented to her and they should be fine. If they dont look tight enough, then start decreasing the scale of the stockings either as a whole or just different nodes and let the smoothing modifier compensate.

I did the same thing for a shirt in this image - http://mattymanx.deviantart.com/art/The-Driver-2-331682685 - The shirt normally sits further away from Aiko's body but by use of the smoothing modifier and reducing the scaling I was able to get a tighter looking fit. Still not as tight as I wanted but I cannot complain either.