[Solution Found] Evolution not showing up in Daz 4.5

eternum00eternum00 Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in New Users

Solution Found:
I simply reinstalled Daz 4 and took Daz 4.5 off of my new computer. Low and behold everything is now working as it once did.

A while little while ago I downloaded a set of Daz content from this website, only to discover how buggy the content can be. I cut my losses and decided not to bother with it. But here i am trying it again...

I have purchased a new computer and on that computer i have installed Daz 4.5 (running windows 7). The old one is near dead and is running Daz 4 (vista) and will soon be in the garbage can. They are both 64 bit. Low and behold, Daz Evolution is working fine in Daz 4 but will not show up in Daz 4.5 even though I used the same exact installation files on both computers. (and yes I have checked the parameters tab) Now just to be clear, I am talking about shaping items like "Crows feet, Iris size, eyelashes curl, nose septum depth, nose septum height" exedra.

Before I spend anymore money on this content I need to know that the content actually works as intended. Can someone please explain to me what is happening, and offer a fix that does not include deleting my entire Daz 4.5 program and archive only to roll the dice on whether or not it will work if I install everything again a second time?

I am sorry for the tone of this post, but I just feel a bit annoyed at the idea of throwing money out the window on expensive programs that don't do what they are supposed to do the first time around. They are more then worth the money, don't get me wrong. But only if they work as intended the first time they are installed.

So any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated. If it can be resolved I would most defiantly like to purchase more content. The next on my list is ethnic faces. But what is the point of doing that if my already existing evolution works on an old computer and not my new Maingear F1 dream machine with a 580 3GB video card and 16G of ram designed specifically for CGI rendering?

Post edited by eternum00 on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Have you tried resetting your download for Evolution?

Also, have you looked under Parameters?

• eternum00eternum00 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes I have looked under parameters. As for resetting my download, this was a download from a good while ago and under a different Email do to Chinese ISP warnings on my old one, one too many times. I have all of my original Daz download files on my old computer stored in a folder. The files reinstall just fine on my old computer and most of them work just fine on my new one.

Evolution however, one of the most important for generating customized human characters... does not.

Is there some special location under parameters that i need to check? I presume that there is only one eye section for example. Am I incorrect?

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Being unable to reset your download for whatever reason is going to be a problem with keeping things working I believe.

edited December 1969

What does resetting download do exactly? Does it change something about the installation file?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

OK what hasn't been stated very clearly is that a good amount of Genesis relelated morphs have been undated to work with DS4.5 as shown in this list Updated Genesis Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

May I suggest contacting Sales Support via the Support link (Top Right of the webpage) and fill out a Support Ticket. We cannot help you from here regarding you account issues.
    As soon as you get that sorted you will be able to reset your content and redownload and install them in the same place as the originals. When installing it should pick up the old and ask you if you want to Uninstall for you.

edited November 2012

I am not sure what you mean by "undated" can you elaborate further? Does that mean that my old (purchased) Daz 4 content has been intentionally "undated" so it will no longer work with the new 4.5 upgrade?

Or does it mean that I now have to now acquire a 4.5 version of some of my old content like evolution? Again I do not mean to be disrespectful, but I do not understand why a piece of content would no longer work with an updated version of the same 3d software that is designed to use it.

Please explain.

Post edited by eternum00 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Updated: Meaning as the software changed from 4 to 4.5 so did the content to make it function properly in 4.5. These updates are free if you pruchased the content here in the store.

So no will do not need to repurchase them, just go to your Account Page, go to Itemised Order History find the content and RESET...simple as that.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

If you purchased the items, DAZ customer support is very good at helping people work through these issues. I think what Szark mentioned earlier about contacting Customer Support is your best option at this point.

edited December 1969

Ok fair enough, thankyou.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited December 1969

You don't need the email - just log in to your old account, find the morphs in your itemised order History, click the reset link, download, and install. Though it would be a good diea to contact sales about your account problem.