obj morph for M4 to GenX or Genesis How ???

I have a .obj morph for M4, that can be loaded with morph loader advanced on DS. But I want to use this same morph with Genesis. Is it possible to do this conversion ?

obj > morph loader > M4 > genX > genesis

If I try to load the morph directly on genesis using morph loader, it won't work because of the vertex count, since it was made for M4.

I tried to save the morph as dsf shape/pose, dsb pose, dsf character... but when I load it back it won't inject the morph, hence it does nothing when dragged over GenX with an M4 figure loaded.

I don't think I can load the .obj for injection directly on the GenX window ? so is there any way to save the morph properly and then load into GenX ? it's just the face. I'm using DS 4.0.3.47 x64.

I'd really appreciate any ideas.
Thanks.

Comments

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I am also interested. I've created obj morphs for V4 (Megan Fox) with Zbrush- and would like to find out if it can be translated to Genesis for use in Poser

awz4158 said:
    I have a .obj morph for M4, that can be loaded with morph loader advanced on DS. But I want to use this same morph with Genesis. Is it possible to do this conversion ?

obj > morph loader > M4 > genX > genesis

If I try to load the morph directly on genesis using morph loader, it won't work because of the vertex count, since it was made for M4.

I tried to save the morph as dsf shape/pose, dsb pose, dsf character... but when I load it back it won't inject the morph, hence it does nothing when dragged over GenX with an M4 figure loaded.

I don't think I can load the .obj for injection directly on the GenX window ? so is there any way to save the morph properly and then load into GenX ? it's just the face. I'm using DS 4.0.3.47 x64.

I'd really appreciate any ideas.
    Thanks.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You need to export the new character as a new .cr2 file. The file needs to be saved to a mapped runtime folder. I made a 'GenX tranfer' sub folder inside the 'DAZ People' folder just for this.

• edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    You need to export the new character as a new .cr2 file. The file needs to be saved to a mapped runtime folder. I made a 'GenX tranfer' sub folder inside the 'DAZ People' folder just for this.

It worked ! thank you very much. It was a bit difficult to understand the export options, because DS will first ask where you want the cr2 file, and then you have to specify two paths inside the runtime, and then the cr2 will pop on the first location, if you don't fill those paths it does nothing, but I managed to get it right.