Does anyone know how to make objects glow?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I want to make glowing insects and other creatures, I assume there must be a way to do this in Daz but all I could find doing a google search was how to make a ball of light

Thanks

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

The common and easiest answer is to ramp up the ambient in the surface settings.You may have to adjust the color as well because it tends to "fade". The second less easy answer is to use the uberarea light shader in light presets/omnifreaker. Those actually cast light but you may have to play with the surface settings some to get it to look the way you want.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Did you search under "Daz Studio ambient glow"? You might find something helpful then.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

One way would be the approach in this thread...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5958/

I'll see if I can whip up a simple brick set up to post since, there wasn't one posted in that thread.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited November 2012

If you just want it to glow but not emit light onto other content, then increase your ambient until the glow matches your tastes.

If, on the other hand, you wish for the glow to light other objects in the scene, you can apply the UberAreaLight on the surface you wish to emit light (Control-Click to maintain your current textures). Then adjust the intensity in the "Surfaces" tab.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for the help, as soon as my machine stops crashing half way through a render I will see if it worked

Sparkles

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited November 2012

If you use the REALITY 2 plugin, it should be real easy. Just select the relevant surfaces and select the option to turn them into light sources.

I'd elaborate more, but my stupid system recently malfunctioned and I had to uninstall DAZ Studio, and now I can't recall the details...

Post edited by K T Ong on