Need help!

SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone,

I'm a new suscriber here, and a new user of Daz Studio.
It looks great, but I'm really dissapointed, because I bought some stuff (about 400$, including the big 199$ Victoria4 pack), but I can't install it in my Daz. I don't understand why it doesn't work.

I installed Daz 4.5, and the 1.6 Genesis starter kit, no problem with this double package. I discovered how to play with genesis basic models, male and female. But when I install Victoria packs (ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe, ps_pe069_Victoria4DS.exe, ps_pe069_Victoria4PwrLoader.exe), it doesn't appear in my Daz.

I have to say I installed all the Daz on my D: h. Now, I wonder if there is a problem with this location, so I uninstalled it, and wanted to install it on my C: drive, but the problem is now that the installing program keep in memory my custom folders!

Please, anybody can tell what are the names of the default folders Daz wants to create if I don't customize the folders? Sure, it's on the C: drive, but I want to install it like it has to be done.

I installed all 3 Victoria packs on the folder "My library". Is that wrong?

Thanks in avance to anybody who can help me, because I'm really afraid to have pend 400$ for nothing.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Read the first three in this thread. Tip: ALL content goes into the same folder as the Genesis Content.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/328/

• SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help, but...It still doesn't work.
    I don't know what to do, I installed all Victoria stuff in the same folder than the Genesis pack ("My Library"), and Genesis pack works perfectly, but no sign of any element of Victoria package. I don't think files are corrupted, as all Victoria installers said there was no problem.

I don't know, if I have to register somewhere again, if I need another key to activate Victoria pack. I'm just really really disappointed, because 400$, it's not little money for me.

How it would be shown in Daz? Do I have to look in Genesis female files? I don't find anything.

I think I will try Poser, the trial version, if I can't find any solution to my problem. I simply hope it won't be another decption with it... And it would be 250$ more!

Thanks anyway.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

V4 is older content and as such it probably won't appear in the same locations as the Genesis stuff.

screen23.png
    401 x 424 - 26K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Mine is under Poser Formats/Daz 3D/Figures/Daz People as I use an external Hard Drive

so yours should be in Poser Formats/My Library/Figures/Daz People

• SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Don't ask me why, but after restarting 2 times my computer, it looks to be ok, my Daz seems to recognize the Vicky files. I have just installed the 3 firsts files for v4, I didn't jad enough time today to see if everything is ok.

But it seems to be good, so big thanks to everyone who helped me (and everybody else too!).

I will let you know if there is still problems otr not.

Again, thanks a lot!

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Mine is under Poser Formats/Daz 3D/Figures/Daz People as I use an external Hard Drive

so yours should be in Poser Formats/My Library/Figures/Daz People

This is where mine is too.

I have one of the V4.2 packages and the V5 package. I must say that the V5 items are better organized. All of them seems to have meta data so they are smart content. Some of the V4.2 package items have smart content, but most do not. The organization of the items in the Poser Formats library is rather haphazard, making it hard to find what you are looking for.

• kristibentonkristibenton Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    V4 is older content and as such it probably won't appear in the same locations as the Genesis stuff.

OMG you are a life saver!! I've been looking for my files for two days and this one simple screen shot cleared it all up!! I've read how to install zip files, been thru some of the videos etc. I am so excited to actually go play with my stuff now!!

Thank all of you people that help on these forums. Without you all us newbies would be more lost than we already are, lol.