Skies of Economy - for DS, Carrara, Poser and Reality OUT NOW!!! HDR ProSet Info Inside! [Commerci

DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
edited November 2012 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/skies-of-economy

I'm proud to announce Skies of Economy! Produced from start to finish to give you bang for your buck, this massive set of thirty different skydomes with matching HDR and directional based lighting will keep your wallet happy. Included are ten different presets each for Night, Sunny and Sunset scenes in your program of choice. Usage is kept as simple as possible with drag-drop presets for each. Instantly set the time of day for your renders with just a few clicks, and render with high quality effects for both landscape scenery and character portraits!

Carrara Version:
*30 32-bit .HDR Images (4096x4096)
*30 Direct Light Presets
*30 Background Presets
*30 Render Setting Presets
DAZ Studio Version:
*30 .JPG Images (4096x4096)
*30 16-bit Float .TIFF images (512x256)
*30 Complete Sky/Light Presets
Poser Version:
*30 .JPG Images (4096x4096)
*30 16-bit .TIFF images (512x256)
*30 Background Presets
*30 Light Presets
*1 Camera Preset
Reality Version:
*30 .EXR Images (4096x4096)
*30 .JPG images (1024x512)
*30 Reality Skydome Presets
Other Feautres:
*Carrara .HDR and Reality .EXR files can be used in a wide variety of other programs such as Vue and Octane.
*Each set contains 10 presets each for Night, Sunny and Sunset.

I would also like to mention that Poser and Carrara versions for HDR ProSets - Urban Recreation will be submitted for testing soon. My apologies for the delay, Carrara took a lot of thinking to get the proper quality without use of global illumination. I'd still not been completely familiar with the way Poser handles some things on this end, so I've also been taking the time to learn and do correctly on that end. In the end I believe you guys will be happy and those who already own the set will have these updates at no additional cost.

Sadly my trip to Yosemite is in question right now due to some personal things that have come up. Funding I had set aside will likely have to go towards the move as I've found myself an apartment! Mostly it depends on how much I can bring in before the area is covered in snow, I still really want to go and will if I'm able. Getting myself a place to live has to come first though, or I can't make sets in the future lol! Please remember though that I have a full set from Monterey Bay in California ready to put together!

Post edited by DimensionTheory on

Comments

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited November 2012

DAZ Studio promos...

Popup4.jpg
    600 x 780 - 130K
    Popup3.jpg
    600 x 780 - 182K
    Popup2.jpg
    600 x 780 - 185K
    Popup1.jpg
    600 x 780 - 168K
    edited December 1969

Poser promos...

Popup8.jpg
    615 x 800 - 148K
    Popup7.jpg
    615 x 800 - 176K
    Popup6.jpg
    615 x 800 - 171K
    Popup5.jpg
    615 x 800 - 172K
    edited December 1969

Carrara promos...

Popup12.jpg
    615 x 800 - 147K
    Popup11.jpg
    615 x 800 - 198K
    Popup10.jpg
    615 x 800 - 220K
    Popup9.jpg
    615 x 800 - 186K
    edited December 1969

Reality promos...

Popup16.jpg
    615 x 800 - 149K
    Popup15.jpg
    615 x 800 - 172K
    Popup14.jpg
    615 x 800 - 157K
    Popup13.jpg
    615 x 800 - 188K
  • TimesurferTimesurfer Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

WOW these look amazing! can't wait :)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Wow! Just wow!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Terrific Job! Well done! :)

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Ooh, these look very realistic!! Well done!! :)

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

those look just.. awesome! :ohh:

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Looks like another must have item!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820
    edited November 2012

Is this an expansion for Skies of Terra/Reality, or something completely different?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I don't usually post replies to coming-soon posts, but... oh my!!

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous as always.
    Dimension Theory releases are a must have in my book.
    Can't wait!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I can see you growing and getting better with each new set DT. A major improvemnt on Cloud 9 and Atmospheric Clouds HDRI Pack 1 and 2

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

These look fantastic! A must have for me. Will be in my cart the minute it hits. :)

Kat

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

...[picks jaw up off floor]

Those are exquisite.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Wow! These are just great!

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897
    edited December 1969

Beautiful, amazing work - as usual. DT, these are gorgeous!

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

I'm proud to announce Skies of Economy! ....
    Looks amazing!! Well done!

Sadly my trip to Yosemite is in question right now due to some personal things that have come up. Funding I had set aside will likely have to go towards the move as I've found myself an apartment! Mostly it depends on how much I can bring in before the area is covered in snow, I still really want to go and will if I'm able. Getting myself a place to live has to come first though, or I can't make sets in the future lol! Please remember though that I have a full set from Monterey Bay in California ready to put together!

Congratulations with your apartment and of course RL comes first! Good luck with the move. :)

Love, Jeanne
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! The set was just released so you're now able to grab it from the store and get your render on!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/skies-of-economy

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

Are these going to be purchasable seperately, I'm really not interested in the Poser or Carrara sets.
    I love your lights but can't really afford that sort of price.
    Thanks.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited November 2012

I agree. If they were all seperate then surely the price would come down and would be more affordable. No need for versions I will never use. I really want this though....will probably buy it regardless:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited November 2012

Just purchased.
    I have DS, Reality, Poser and Carrara, so the price is good deal for me.
    Thanks for release.

Post edited by ytetsu on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Wishlisted. I have Poser, Carrara and DS and the price is good for me too.... but my wallet says no for now. :) So it's on my wishlist for the time being.

Love, Jeanne

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited December 1969

Do the skies extend below the horizon? I can't tell from the promos.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

This is just F'ing Awesome! And my birthday is a few days away.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Are these just the skies or do they have vegatation in the pictures? If they are just the skies that is far more attractive to me than if it has trees and such as well.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I agree. If they were all seperate then surely the price would come down and would be more affordable. No need for versions I will never use. I really want this though....will probably buy it regardless:)

I have to agree about the separate packs. I have Poser 7 and Carrara 8, but neither are installed on this relatively new laptop, so I'm only interested in the DS version for now, and I don't have (nor interested in owning) Reality, so even if I finally get around to installing Poser and Carrara, that will still be a total waste to me.

This price is good for a "bundle", but I'd be more interested in the separate packs so I could purchase them as needed.

edited November 2012

My pricing models don't charge more for supporting additional programs unless it is a special case. Both Skies of Reality sets were initially for Reality only but I rolled in Carrara and DS support as an update free of charge. Skies of Terra came out including those three as well as Poser for the same price. HDR ProSets will be handled the same way when things are finalized there. I price my work on the underlying content like the maps included here.

Some info to show what you're getting...

Skies of Terra - 6 presets at $12.95 = $2.15 per HDRI (Skies of Reality is the same and this is at non-sale price)
    Skies of Economy - 30 presets at $29.95 = $.99 per HDRI (non-sale price)

If you are just using these for a single program you are getting them for less than $1 per HDRI preset at full price, $0.66 during the intro sale. Those who have the other programs will get more out of this set for sure, but it's no different than how I've handled things in the past (other than having all apps supported at launch rather than updated).