can't sign in to my DAZ Account

pixlgirlpixlgirl Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in The Commons

every time I try to sign in with my email & password (the same ones I've had for several years) it keeps rejecting it

Post edited by pixlgirl on

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009
    edited December 1969

Same here. I have managed to get the site to behave something like in Chrome, but today Chrome was behaving the same as Firefox. I got stuck on the log-in page, yet I appear to be logged in now. I'm posting to find out who I am at the moment.
    I would like to buy something in the store, but the prices keep changing.

• AlicatAlicat Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem, turned out the are changing the length of passwords, so I had to redo my password to a longer one.

• pixlgirlpixlgirl Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yep, I noticed the price changes, too

what is the length they are changing the passwords to ?

• jgkanejgkane Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Well I can get into my account, but then it asks me "Not Cherry Staff" / "Not Jeff George" etc, leading me to believe that there is something wrong with Zendesk, despite the forum message of late May. Trying to get support just bounces me back and forth to the' Log in / Have you an Account' page.

Perhaps someone at DAZ3D is programming using spaghetti, and the wee mouse has eaten through some of it ... ;o)

As it stands, I cannot trust the system to buy anything at all, and short of sending a letter or 'phoning from 'across the pond', I cannot contact DAZ3D. Anyone with a direct line to the support desk?

• AlicatAlicat Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

pixlgirl said:

I think it was 8 characters or more... mine had been 5

edited December 1969

mine's 16

yep, it ask's if i'm 'so-n-so' unless i come in from a certain link, like on the DAZ newsletter, it asks if i'm 'so-n-so' on any of the links on the page except for the genesis suit link...when i come in via that link, it knows who i am, just won't let me in the door,lol

edited December 1969

it let me in the door when i used firefox instead of IE9

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Its not letting me log in using Safari on my mac today, even though it was yesterday.

This is the store only, the forums seem to be fine now.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There are 2 or 3 things you can try if you are having login problems.

THe first, and possibly most obvious is to close your browser and clear cache, recent history, etc. and then restart.

If this does not work, then you can try a forced refresh (normally CRTL F5 on a PC, cmd f5 on a mac i beleive)

The 3rd thing to try is to actually logout on a page where you are logged in and then login again

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

This is sort of related, I went to get the hovertank and found I was logged into someone else account. I logged out promptly but in theory I could have abused the hell out of that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you got the ubiquitous "Not BillBoggs" message, you weren't logged in as someone else,

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/516/

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

pixlgirl said:

6 characters. At least that's what it was when they opened the new store and forums, if they're changing it again, I'll know soon enough, heh.

It's not letting people log into the store, but it's letting them log in at the forum? That's weird.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Well my password has 65 characters, so I have nothing to worry about, other than forgetting some of the characters and the order in which I placed them and if it was upper or lower case and if ...... :gulp:

• edited December 1969

I had this problem, too. I found that if I logged in with the login at the top right hand corner I can log in fine, but the pop-up version of the login box which appears automatically is the one which rejects my details.