Santa for Genesis. Me want!

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

There hasn't been what I consider a real Santa character, morph, and outfit for Santa since David 3 (which I really don't use). I want a real Santa, with real Santa clothes, and now that the great Genesis-Poser metacrisis has ended, I think Genesis would be the perfect character for such a character, as well as Santa Elves and other related characters. I hope someone is working on this, because I would buy it in a heartbeat, and I expect others would as well.

Comments

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Like TheWheelMan I would also love to see jolly St. Nick for Genesis! Especially if he had all the morphs and textures to make him look like the Santa Claus from all those early Coke Cola ads. Here is one customer that would buy it in a heartbeat! :)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

There hasn't been what I consider a real Santa character, morph, and outfit for Santa since David 3 (which I really don't use). I want a real Santa, with real Santa clothes, and now that the great Genesis-Poser metacrisis has ended, I think Genesis would be the perfect character for such a character, as well as Santa Elves and other related characters. I hope someone is working on this, because I would buy it in a heartbeat, and I expect others would as well.

It's not something I ever really thought about before, but I bet it would be fun to use in some renders. I'd buy it.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

KinnieM said:
    Like TheWheelMan I would also love to see jolly St. Nick for Genesis! Especially if he had all the morphs and textures to make him look like the Santa Claus from all those early Coke Cola ads. Here is one customer that would buy it in a heartbeat! :)

Yeah, you could get a whole morph package out of Santa, considering how many different versions of him there are, from thin to large. Throw in the beard and clothes, and we'd be off to a good start. Maybe a companion set with a sled & reindeer.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Sounds cool. I think a lot of people would buy.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I made the suggestion in the product suggestion forum, and I think one creator said she had it on her radar. I would love a santa morph. Most of the content I've found looks a touch dated, and yeah, I can convert it, but I'd just love a genesis version, with clothing you can also use on the other genesis figures.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited November 2012

I sign that. A real Santa Claus for Genesis would be great !!!

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
    edited December 1969

Make the suggestions in product suggestion... The more the merrier!

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I made the suggestion in the product suggestion forum, and I think one creator said she had it on her radar. I would love a santa morph. Most of the content I've found looks a touch dated, and yeah, I can convert it, but I'd just love a genesis version, with clothing you can also use on the other genesis figures.

Yeah, I want some "modern day" textures and morphs since they are so much better now.

edited December 1969

Here's the thread in Product Suggestions:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9205/

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'd buy a Saint Nicolas for Genesis with the robes and staff. Not into Jolly Santa too much!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I'd buy a Saint Nicolas for Genesis with the robes and staff. Not into Jolly Santa too much!

Oh yeah. A proper long robe is still MIA for Genesis. The Royal Elf tunic is very nice, and would work quite well as an under robe, but we still need something like the Mage robe. Either with the long sleeves, or simply wide enough sleeves to go over closer-fitting ones.

Given proper mat zones you could do the rest with shaders.

Actually, the beard is what is likely to be the real hitch. Mec4D's beards for Genesis do a damn fine job, but even in combination they don't add up to the kind of really *long* beard that you want for Father Christmas -- or your stereotypical wizard.

I'm pretty sure that with GenX and some of the products already available, one could find a morph to build your own from. But a dedicated Santa morph would be welcome. Particularly since the character is so widely recognizable. (Enough so that one wonders whether it's trademarked.)

edited December 1969

Cath was going to do a Wizards robe set with a skin and beard set but she's busy with other projects right now so not sure if she would tackle any thing like that with XMas coming up as fast as it is!

edited November 2012

Ah.

I really like the Genesis Beard set, but it seems to be missing any textures, or shaders. Messing with the Diffuse, Ambient and Specular in the surfacs tab can sort of make it look like something other than black, but I wish there were a shader set available for fiber mesh hair.

I ported over one of Tempesta3d's Senile Santas and he looks rather well with a different texture (I think I used Phoenix1966's Horatio). But it's hard to make the Genesis beard look convincingly like white hair. It keeps coming out flat white that isn't what's needed at all.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

turn on shadows I think that's what Cath says helps add realism to the beards. Do a soft shadow, not a ray traced shadow.

edited December 1969

Haven't tried to render them yet. Still fighting with them in the work window. No idea what I'll get in a render.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Add me to the list that would like a santa...

With the genesis beard also play with the ambient colour setting...that can help sometimes.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited December 1969

actually Martin from Optitex might be the one to pester as a DYNAMIC Santa suit would certainly ring my bell, ker-ching in the cart!
    esp with furified trimmings and maybe a dynamic cloth beard.
    I have just about every other Santa figure variation but you can never get enough Christmas, would love a really wrinkly fat morph too, lots of normal map displacement.
    it could also be retextured for wizards.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

actually Martin from Optitex might be the one to pester as a DYNAMIC Santa suit would certainly ring my bell, ker-ching in the cart!
    esp with furified trimmings and maybe a dynamic cloth beard.
    I have just about every other Santa figure variation but you can never get enough Christmas, would love a really wrinkly fat morph too, lots of normal map displacement.
    it could also be retextured for wizards.

Personally, I much prefer a conformed than a dynamic solution. No reason we can't have both, however.