daz studio

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

hello! as I can't re install poser, because "they" are asking for install in "elevation", and I only keep the poser 7dvd, I was trying to install daz studio4.5....once done, just to handle the runtime, carrara8 don't detect the runtime, and when searching manually, I don't find it... does anybody hhas install das studio for that purpose, with C8, and how to do to use it as "runtime" Library???

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Celmar :)

Daz Studio has a Runtime folder for any Daz3d/Poser content, such as V3, V4.

The DS Runtime folder should normally be inside the ( My Documents / Daz3D / Studio / My Library ) folder.
    so, you would browse to the Daz3d / Studio / My library folder and select that,. Carrara will see the Runtime folder and add it to the browser.

Carrara should detect that DS runtime folder automatically, and add it to the browser, but you should also be able to add that (or any other runtime folder) manually.

:)

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

well 3dAge, it seems that I have nothing of the toys other people have!...
    after installed daz studio pro4.5 , I have in users, my documents,daz3d,studio,mylibrary,scripts,utilities...no runtime... searching manually from C8, I have " no runtime detected"...
    one thing that bory me is that, when installing daz studio, there is no moment when the install ask for a serial number... I know it's a free software, but it seems curious...

mmm, I don't know how to get a new runtime, to use content... Maybe I'm going to buy again poser...not a fine idea...

edited December 1969

HI Celmar :)

Do you have Victoria 4 installed in DS.

Any "Pre Genesis" daz3d models, should come as Poser format, with perhaps DS shaders ,..
    When you install any of these, they will create the Runtime folder if it's not there already

If you install V4 into Daz Studio,. it will create all of the "Runtime" / Figures /Poses etc ,.

If you don't have Poser, or Daz Studio,. and you want to use Daz/Poser content in Carrara, then you can still do that because the products like V4 will create the folders they need, when you install them.

DS Pro doesn't need a serial number now,. since it's free it's easier to deal with if you're not handing out serial numbers.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

3DAGE the only thing in the default content Runtime are Textures so C8 won't pick it up in theroy. I don't know how C8.5 beta works now.

As for the Daz Studio serial number...did you have a previous version of DS4 installed prior?

edited December 1969

HI Szark :)

Mine has a lot more than just textures, :)

ds_runtime.jpg
    758 x 857 - 135K
    edited December 1969

The only content that is installed to the DS4.5.1.6 directory is the default content called Genesis Essentials and the only folders in the Runtime are Support and Textures and nothing else.

But I don't have any DSON or poser related content installed. Maybe that is what is different. In that case I will shut up. :)

edited December 1969

No,... don't shut up :)

I think you're right Szark, the genesis essentials and the basic Daz Studio install, on a fresh system don;t add any "poser format" products,.
    so, there;s no need for it to create a Runtime folder,..

Once you install v3 or V4, or any other Poser format content,. The installer would create the Runtime folder.
    (unless those products have been updated to be in Duf format for DS4.5)

most of the stuff I've got in there was Accidentally installed to DS instead of poser

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    No,... don't shut up :)

lol Ok I won't.