Growing 3D Vines?

Thunderone01Thunderone01 Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in Carrara Discussion

As I can achieve the same effect in Carrara Pro 8? Some of you already identified than I speak: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/growing_3d_vines/

I want to do the same as 3D Studio but in Carrara 8 Pro.

is it possible, anyone know any tutorial or way of doing the same?

Well, in fact I need do a 3D ribbon "grow" like the sample of videocopilot, but straight, to use like break cut.

Post edited by Thunderone01 on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited December 1969

Hi Ruben

sorry fell asleep during the video but the answer is yes

carrara has a spline room
    you should be able to do it if you read the m anual carefully

splines are also animatable so you can change the shape over time if you need to get them to look like they are growing

• Thunderone01Thunderone01 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thak you Andrew, I need to learn quick from some tutorial of you tube, and refine with the manual. Thank you again for the answer.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited December 1969

Hey Ruben pleasure !
    Have you seen this plug in ?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10339/
    it was posted after I answered your question
    looks good.
    you could grow vines inside a transparent mesh by the look of it!

• Rook056Rook056 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Have you considered these options:

1) Morphing vine that's grouped with the camera. As both advance, the vine morphs. The ending could just have the vine extend farther than the camera. EvilInnocence has some inexepensive vines & tentacles. He also has a Poser plug-in that creates bones complete with an assortment of built-in morphs.

2) A really long vine that has a transparancy shader. As the camera advances, adjust the transparancy. Shaders have an option for the x,y, & z axis. There's also a shader plug-in called Proximity, but it hasn't been updated for Carrara 8 yet. Digital Carvers Guild might have something similar. The Proximity changes a shader according to it's location to an object or coordinate within the work space.

3) The spline object works as well. Possibly more efficient when used with option 1.