I have to put the serial number in DS each time I start it ...

thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi guys. I did try to search for an answer to this but can't find anything. I finally have started using DS due to the Genesis figures. I followed directions by pasting my serial number in the app but I am having to do this every time I run the app. Is there some other aspect to activation I am missing? It's not a huge deal but I would prefer not having to look up my serial each time I run the app.

THANKS

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Using Vista or W7?

Try running the program "As Administrator" - right click for the option - then the serial should stick.

Hope that helps.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 will work without a serial number, so it may be that you would achieve exactly the same result if you didn't enter a code at all. If that is the case (please test) then for some reason your serial number isn't being recognised. Are you sure you are entering it correctly? What is the first group of characters (up to the first hyphen) of the code?

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195
    edited December 1969

Well, I tried running as administrator but it still won't make the serial stick.

I guess I could run it without pasting a serial number as you suggest, Richard, but it is slightly irritating to have that big screen come up asking me for my serial.

I'm pasting my number directly from my DAZ account. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 and, thus, am running the 64-bit software. Here's the first part of my serial number up to the hyphen:

SDZSTND-

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

Well, that's a standard rather than a Pro serial number. Is the next set of characters 040? I would try the serial number for DS4Pro free version here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195
    edited December 1969

Cool. That did it! Thanks. .... Didn't realize I was using the wrong serial number.