New daz studio 4.5 crashed on me due to me saving it / saving as type is DSON and i dont know what t

sweetrosesweetrose Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in New Users

Daz just crashed on me ,when I had just finished creating a scene ,I went to save it then it crashed so now i have to do it all over again O.o
its annoying me, but really there is no point in me doing it again because it will crash again, why cant it be saved under daz studio type also sometimes it saves it but i cant open the file ,when i click on the scene ive saved, a box opens saying no importer for the file format can be found this is putting me on the brink if anyone can help me

I would be sooo greatful i just wanna save things and i cant

Post edited by sweetrose on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,226
    edited December 1969

Does it crash, or fail to open, whatever is in the scene? How about a couple of primitives? Where are you saving, and where (if different) is you main DAZ Studio content folder?

• sweetrosesweetrose Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does it crash, or fail to open, whatever is in the scene? How about a couple of primitives? Where are you saving, and where (if different) is you main DAZ Studio content folder?

(sorry for a slowy reply my laptop has just crashed due to daz studio)

It only crashes after the scene has been saved under the new type DSON and when i go to open the saved scene a box appears saying no importer for the type of file can be found ,or something like that, the things i save are just modles vic 4 and so on
    I save it to a different destination all of my scenes are saved to a different destination and it works perfectly fine, thank you for replying to my form, but i still cant beileve my laptop has just crashed i wish i stuck with daz studio 4 :(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,226
    edited December 1969

There shouldn't be anything in 4.5 alone to bring a system down - it may be worth doing the usual malware and system scans in case something else has snuck in or gone wrong coincidentally. The no importer error is odd - it does suggest that some part of DS did not install correctly on the face of it, though it may be a midleading message if there's some kind of access issue with the folder you are saving to or that the data files are being written to.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Arethere any error messages when it crashes?

• Mr RidMr Rid Posts: 40
    edited February 2014

I have this same crash each time I save a particular scene in DS4.5, and DS4.6 Advanced, Build 4.6.0.18.

It happens every time with a scene originally created in DS3. But other scenes created in DS3 are not crashing on save in DS4.5 or 4.6.

The save gets to 93%, and "DAZ Studio has encountered a fatal error, and must close."

The log reads "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzpuppeteer.dll" at 0033:00000000EB5E0835, DzMatrix4::`default constructor closure'()+28789 byte(s)"

Looks like Puppeteer has something to do with it. The original scene was animated with Puppeteer, but when I open the Puppeteer tab, the original keys are gone.

If there is a newer build, I am unable to download it. When I click the "Get DAZ Studio" button on the Daz site, nothing happens(?).

Post edited by Mr Rid on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If there is a newer build, I am unable to download it. When I click the "Get DAZ Studio" button on the Daz site, nothing happens(?).

Log in to your store account and go to the Product Library. The download available there will be the most recent version.

edited December 1969

Thanks.

Another odd thing there, when following the install prompts, a message reads "Please hang on while we download and install DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro...' and clicking either "OK" or "Cancel" will not get rid of the message that keeps appearing endlessly. I had to 'end process' in Win Task Manager. Looks like it finished installing anyway.

edited December 1969

So, I discovered that if I delete every Puppeteer key on every item, then the scene will save without crashing. I had missed one item before.