V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis in Poser

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So if I apply the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis inside of Poser, does that mean I can then apply my Poser installed morphs for Gen 4 to Genesis?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, those are just the shapes, the mesh is still the Genesis mesh.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited October 2012

So, unless there's a GenX equivalent for Poser, you're out of luck.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The legacy shapes for Genesis are pretty much the same as the older legacy shapes of V2 to V3, M2 to M3, and V3 to V4. The new mesh has been morphed into the default shape of the old body but because it was a new mesh, the old morphs won't apply out of the box.

Genesis does offer one advantage over the older legacy shapes. You can use other Genesis morphs with them out of the box.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    The legacy shapes for Genesis are pretty much the same as the older legacy shapes of V2 to V3, M2 to M3, and V3 to V4. The new mesh has been morphed into the default shape of the old body but because it was a new mesh, the old morphs won't apply out of the box.

Genesis does offer one advantage over the older legacy shapes. You can use other Genesis morphs with them out of the box.

Actually, Gens 3, 4, & 5 Millennium Families all look different from their respective predecessors. The only exception being The Girl.
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

Actually, Gens 3, 4, & 5 Millennium Families all look different from their respective predecessors. The only exception being The Girl.

Up through V4, DAZ released figures with the default body shape of the previous generation and the head of the new generation. It allowed you to use clothing from the previous generation. There was even a UVS for V3 that allowed you to create a V3 figure that took your old V1/2 textures.

Zygote (the company DAZ was originally a part of) even sold a Stephanie P4 model that had the Poser 4 woman's body morph and Stephanie's head. Vicki and Mike also had P4 morphed figures as well.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I see what icprncss is saying, and yes, that's sort of true, the Legacy Shapes are similar in role to the old 'V2 to V3' etc figures in allowing us to bridge the generations, even if they do things in a different way. They're a more complicated solution,. but a much more capable one.

if I apply the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis inside of Poser, does that mean I can then apply my Poser installed morphs for Gen 4 to Genesis?

Getting back to the original question, the answer is, not directly. GenX in Studio allows you to convert Gen 4 morphs into Genesis Morphs, and those could then be imported into Poser. With the Gen 3 add-on packs GenX will even convert Gen 3 figures, although you can't use their textures on Genesis without using Texture Converter 2 to convert them to Gen 4 standard.