Runtime C++ errors... anything I can try before filing a bug report?

Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Here's my scene... I've got the latest version of DSON-ready DS 4.5 installed. I've got a Genesis figure with the NanoSuit and the Supersuit. The Supersuit uses morphs and textures from the recent Dynamic Supersuit set. I've got one of 3DUniverse's light domes to provide a nice even light source. I can't seem to complete a render without getting some sort of crash.

After my first crash, I thought the problem might be with one of the HSS shaders, so I changed them all to the DS defaults...

After my next crash, I changed the lights from Ray Trace to Shadow Map...

After my next crash, I played with the Supersuit shaders again. They use a reflective map so I thought maybe changing to a different metallic texture would work...

Somewhere in there, I switched to a pwToon render and that seemed to work ok.

Might anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to tinker with my PC to resolve these Runtime C++ errors? It's likely a memory issue as I've been getting them a lot since DS went to 4.5 but it's starting to get ridiculous...

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Thanks, cridgit. Yeah, it is tough to walk away...

I kinda suspect that the Nanosuit might be the issue. What would I be looking for in the log to give me a clue?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

Thanks again, cridgit.

I did like you said. I started fresh, and even updated some body shape morphs that were throwing up errors (from Raw's Fantasy Body Shapes) and got it so the Genesis figure loaded up much cleaner. I even updated the Nanosuit just to make sure.

Then I added the morphs and then the Nanosuit. Boom. Runtime C++ error! I didn't even add lights yet or try a render! Tried it again, same error.
    Then I went back to my file I had problems with, removed the Nanosuit from the scene, adjusted the Supersuit and rendered. No problems.

So I guess it's time to log a bug report? The thing is, DAZ will tell me it's a memory error and point it back at me because my PC is running out of memory. I say this because I've been trying to log errors for DS4.5 beta and C8.5 beta and tech support always seems to reply that the problems seem to be memory-based. I know that Genesis is a whole new ball of wax, but dammit this all used to work before... :down:

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What are the exact error messages?

What is your OS and bit version (32/64)?

edited October 2012

I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3 with the 32-bit version of DS 4.5.1.6.

I'm going through the process to get an exact wording. I see in the log file that the following messages came up when I loaded the Nano-suit:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR

Carrying on, I got the error when I loaded lights into the scene and attempted a render:
    "The renderer encountered a memory error and the program has become unstable. Please close and restart DAZ Studio as soon as possible."

Post edited by Sphinx Magoo on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2012

I'm suspecting that since you are on XP, you may need to update vcrun2010, system wide...

Also, it looks like you may need to reset the download for the Nanosuit to make sure you have the latest version.

Post edited by mjc1016 on