Firgures are adding to scene

grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to add figures to the scene from the figure folder, but I'm getting a prompt to save changes as if it's opening a previously save file.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,211
    edited December 1969

Perhaps you need to right click on the figure and select merge.

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. But I didn't have to do that before I loaded the most up to date Daz 4.5, and truthfully I feel that I shouldn't have to do it now.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,179
    edited December 1969

You should be prompted only if the item you are loading is tagged as a scene - and is recent. If you want to save an assembled figure for use in other scenes use File>Save as>Scene subset and the double-click behaviour will default to Merge as you wish. You could make a feature request to have the load/merge option user-configurable, though.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ds4.5 will ask if you wish to add a new figure or replace a figure when you load more than one of the same figure. Simple way to stop that is to NOT have a figure selected in the Scene when you load the new figure.

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

I am getting propts to save changes as i try to load daz items from figures folder. Here's an examples. I was trying to load Park Head Preload here.

ScreenCapture00.jpg
    900 x 471 - 89K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

As you can see, the icons you're loading from are labeled "Scene" -- by default when you load a Scene it assumes you want to replace the current scene. Instead, right-click on the icon and choose Merge.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440
    edited December 1969

So basically this one's a metadata error that really should have been caught by QA?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

So basically this one's a metadata error that really should have been caught by QA?
    I do not understand the question. As far as DS asking if you really wish to load a new figure when you have the old one selected that is NEEDED with genesis. Example: I want John Doe (genesis) in a scene with MS.Lycan (genesis) it asks if I really wish to change my John Doe to MS.Lycan instead of just changing it to the Lycan. I get asked if I wish to Add a new figure or lose all my work on John which would just go POOF and I would have only the lycan in my scene. Understand the need now?
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,179
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I do not understand the question. As far as DS asking if you really wish to load a new figure when you have the old one selected that is NEEDED with genesis. Example: I want John Doe (genesis) in a scene with MS.Lycan (genesis) it asks if I really wish to change my John Doe to MS.Lycan instead of just changing it to the Lycan. I get asked if I wish to Add a new figure or lose all my work on John which would just go POOF and I would have only the lycan in my scene. Understand the need now?

No, this is a separate issue - it' opening a scene instead of the current scene, not asking about replacing a figure or loading a new one. It's a change now that DS has both scenes (default open) and scene subsets (default merge). That said, it is possible to fix it via the metadata by changing its type.