Solo for U.N.C.L.E. - [WIP]

JoEtzoldJoEtzold Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in Freebies

Welcome in the U.N.C.L.E. thread dedicated to the 70th TV show Men from U.N.C.L.E..

The old original starting of this theme in old DAZ-site can be found here: DAZ-old thread

Attention ! Hint !! On the old forum archive the links to embedded images are broken. Thank you DAZ ! If you want to see that images you may play the manual wizard to display them by this following doings:
1. Find such a line in the text
2. copy this part
postimages/origimage_1_2263158.jpg
3. open a new browser window
4. and past the the copied portion behind the first part of the archive URL
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/
5. so in total the link in the browser should read like this
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_2263158.jpg
It's just easy ... especially for one image ... Maybe someone may solve this also later. Otherwise without the images the old forum archive might be more or less worthless ...

All links from the old site about U.N.C.L.E. stuff will be found here in the heading message (plus the newly added stuff).
All Stuff is Poser-ready but should work also in D/S except that it might be neccessary to adjust the textures cause often poser procedurals are used. If not other named the stuff matches V4 and/or M4.

Cause it seems to be impossible to push images between text line (for the moment??) all images can be found at the end of the postings. And the sorting of the images is following the naming or other mysteries. So sorry for some mismatches. Maybe this can be changed later (?).

So lets start the U.N.C.L.E. stuff ===>>>

Morphs and other stuff
The U.N.C.L.E. agents by SteveKitt Solo and Kuryakin
and their weapon by SteveKitt U.N.C.L.E. P38 Special

---------------------------------------------------------

Following some images from the U.N.C.L.E. packages content.

Post edited by JoEtzold on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

when I was a kid, my father loved that show!
    he died when I was 10, I am now 50!
    sure brings back memories!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

hey they are not bad likenesses. I always preferred Illya Kuryakin to Naopoleon Solo, for some reason.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Oh, this DOES bring back memories! Loved that show!

Thanks for the morphs and such!

And Cho, you're not alone :) I loved Illya, - and David McCallum ;)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I love every character David McCallum has played.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2012

I used to have the full Uncle gun set, in the briefcase! It had all the attatchments to make it into the rifle. it had an UNCLE pass, badge, and patch for your coat, a handgrinade, and a megaphone walkie talkie set. Then...one day, the main pistol from the set came up missing. I looked for it for weeks, I never did find it. I still think about where it could have gone. In fact, I told my wife many years ago, one day, about how I wish I could know where it went before I die. It has haunted me all my life...lol.

:smirk:

UNCLE.jpg
    800 x 542 - 142K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

It was my favourite show when I was a kid, later shared the top spot with Star Trek when it appeared on the scene.

Picked up the complete series on DVD from TimeLife a while ago, it's still available at a reasonable price:

https://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=1001&catalogId=10001&productId=19001

-- Walt Sterdan

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

Just an FYI- the grip on the pistol is too deep. It's just a P-38 with the barrel chopped and a muzzle brake nailed on.

..Joe

• edited December 1969

Just an FYI- the grip on the pistol is too deep. It's just a P-38 with the barrel chopped and a muzzle brake nailed on.

..Joe

Hi folks,

Joe Gerardi,you are correct,the gun is indeed a P-38,but it was modified for the show with a replacement handgrip as well as the replacement barrel,which is why it looks different to the standard P-38.I found this out as there are folks out there with the original props and found some excellent profile pics in the course of my research.I also discovered that the grips had the initials of the operative's last name at the bottom.This is also recreated in my model for DAZ/Poser.I gather the pilot episode used a different gun,but as the budget got a bit bigger for the subsequent series,they were able to use the P-38's instead.

I also had an U.N.C.L.E. gun as a kid,again,it was a luger instead of the P-38,and it was also painted gold.It was taken from me by my folks when i bopped my sister over the head with it.

Now,the INJ/REM models of the agents could do with a nice suit to wear,Any offers ? :-)

Also a BIG thank you to JoEtzold for doing the works on transferring the old threads.Much appreciated.