Dreamlight 3D Model Master? Any experience or thoughts?

scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has anyone purchased this?
What is your take on the series vs. free videos via youtube, vimeo and such?

Is it easy to follow and learn from? Quality?

Thanks.

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,511
    edited December 1969

Has anyone purchased this?
    What is your take on the series vs. free videos via youtube, vimeo and such?

Is it easy to follow and learn from? Quality?

Thanks.

I did, and so far some things are good, others are really good, and a few are not, but in whole it is a great series of tutorials. It's a little centered around lightwave even though he runs the same stuff in other apps like carrara, blender, hexagon, wings3D, but you see that he is not as fluent with those apps as with lightwave, and as I don't have lightwave that is the little downside, but it is well balanced with the good tips he gives, and you can download the clips and go back and watch them again. Also I'm still waiting for the chapters to come.

• scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Thanks Totte,
    I was a bit concerned about the Lightwave stuff figuring he would focus on that - I don't have Lightwave either.
    Really, I would use this information in Hexagon and maybe Blender.

I really liked the look of another tutorial set at RDNA but the person focused on Lightwave as well (I think).

Thanks

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited June 2012

...If you are considering Blender there are a lot of excellent tutorials on the Blender Community site.

My concern with this is that it is focused on a fairly expensive and rather difficult to use software tool that I will never work with. Considering Dremalight's association with Daz, I'm surprised that Hexagon and Carrara are not as well supported.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4225

There is an extensive thread about the 3D Model Master course there. I am currently going through the course and so far am unimpressed.

As noted, the training itself is done inside Lightwave with occasional highlights of Carrara, Hexagon, Blender. I hope the training does improve as it goes along.