How do I convert pre-genesis clothing for Genesis use in Poser?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a way to open a cr2 file of, say, a V4 dress, in Daz Studio 4.5, work some magic, and then export a Poser Companion file so that I can put it on Genesis in Poser? I know how to update Genesis clothing which isn't DSON ready, but I have a lot of content for previous generations which doesn't even have DAZ Studio versions.

I've tried the following. Dial up V4 shape in Genesis (in Poser), conform the clothes to Genesis (looks terrible), transfer joint parameters (Object->Transfer Joint Parameters) which works OK (except for shoes, probably due to the different zero position of Genesis and the previous figures), but when I use the "Transfer Active Morphs" it sometimes messes up.

Also, do I need to use "Transfer Active Morphs" every time I change the morph dials?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,879
    edited December 1969

You should get the AutoFit prompt when you conform legacy content to Genesis, which does the same thing with fewer clicks now that it preserves morphs. Then File>SAve as>Support Asset>Figure Asset, give it a name, and finally run the Create Companion Files n the result.

• edited December 1969

You should get the AutoFit prompt when you conform legacy content to Genesis, which does the same thing with fewer clicks now that it preserves morphs. Then File>SAve as>Support Asset>Figure Asset, give it a name, and finally run the Create Companion Files n the result.

Sounds great. Do I need any of the additional DS plugins (such as Morph Follower) or just use DS 4.5.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,879
    edited December 1969

Morph Follower has been replaced with Transfer Active Morphs, but no for Gen 4 clothes everything you need is in the base (or rather the pro) application.