Using scripts?

SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
edited December 1969 in New Users

I recently downloaded a script which is used to create spider webs. It seems to have downloaded OK, but how do I activate it? It's not with my other scripts (reset hands and feet for genesis, for example), so where could it be?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where did you put it? If you just downloaded it, where did you download it to. I have a Downloads folder where everything goes that I download.

Where did you get this script and I will have a look for you. It almost certainly needs to go into the Scripts Folder inside My Library.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,868
    edited December 1969

Are you sure it's a DAZ Studio script?

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

It was part of the RDNA Shocktober freebies. I downloaded it and unzipped it and dragged the runtime folder over, same as I would for most things (props and so on). I've now dragged the runtime folder into the scripts folder. It appears uner Daz studio formats/scripts/pose scripts
    Then I have the option of scripts menu or shaderworks: but neither lead to anything.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think you will find that is a poser (python) script and not a DS one.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Ah, that would explain it. I wish people would make things clearer as to what works with what. You would not believe how many morphs I've downloaded that need ++ or Evolution and so on, but gave no indication that such would be the case. Using up drive space and time for no result can be very frustrating.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well I hhave to admit the morphs++ packs are an essential for me, and most anyone else who is using Gen 4 figures.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    chohole said:

Ah, that would explain it. I wish people would make things clearer as to what works with what. You would not believe how many morphs I've downloaded that need ++ or Evolution and so on, but gave no indication that such would be the case. Using up drive space and time for no result can be very frustrating.

Some morphs will work without them...sort of. The result will be 'close' but not exactly the same as if you had them. Sometimes, the results are acceptable or provide a nice variety. So don't count all as lost.

Also for Genesis, the SickleYield conversion of the DieTrying 182 V4 morph pack provides a number of similar to Evolution, but not quite the same, that in some cases can be substituted in for the missing Evo ones. No, there isn't a direct correspondence, but with some playing pleasing results can be had...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    chohole said:

Steve

It says Poser 7 or Poser Pro only in the Readme (2008). It also has a folder called Python.

DAZ Studio uses Qt script, and Poser uses Python Script, and one does not work with the other.