!!HOLY CRAP!! - PC Club saved me TONS of $$$!!!!

JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
edited October 2012 in The Commons

OK, so this was my first year participating in the PC Club sale. I really had no idea what to expect being new to PC club this year, so since we are half way through the month I decided to see just what I've spent so far and crunch some numbers to see how much I was saving.
This is everything I bought this month so far (excluding freebies) and what I paid for each item being a member of PC club:

Fairytale Dress for Genesis $3.08

Tori for V5 $1.12

Stephanie 5 $4.93

Riley for Stephanie 5 $2.09

Town and Country for Genesis $2.16

PC10 Heart Matter Bundle (7) $4.90

Pure Hair Casual $5.41

pwGhost $2.45

Pyrit Hair $1.99

Unshaven Bundle Genesis (2) $9.85

Boots and Belt for Supersuit $1.99

Lisa's Bot Creepy Trees II $0.99

Crimson Throneroom $0.99

Silence $0.99

Silence Expans 1 Structural $0.99

Silence Expans 2 Furnishings $0.99

Silent Illumination $0.99

Victorian House $0.99

Victorian Haunted House $0.99

Night Watcher $0.99

PC10 Curious Bundle (7) $4.90

A Curious Bus $0.99

There and About $0.99

TOTAL: $55.76
-10.00 PC Club coupons = $45.76

If I break the bundles into their individual products -- that's 36 items @ $1.27 per item!!! :)

I was fairly pleased with that ratio, if I can say so myself... thinking myself quite the frugal shopper I decided to see what the prices would be for all this stuff if I had not been a PC member...

I logged myself out and checked each item, using the sale price if there was one to the total.

Brace yourself....

LOL

Fairytale Dress for Genesis $24.95

Tori for V5 $9.07 *SALE PRICE* $12.95

Stephanie 5 $39.95

Riley for Stephanie 5 $16.95

Town and Country for Genesis $17.47 *SALE PRICE* $24.95

PC10 Heart Matter Bundle $99.95 *SALE PRICE* $103.65

Pure Hair Casual $15.37 *SALE PRICE* $21.95

pwGhost $9.95

Pyrit Hair $13.97 *SALE PRICE* $19.95

Unshaven Bundle for Genesis $39.95

Boots and Belt for Supersuit $14.95

Lisa's Bot Creepy Trees II $14.95

Crimson Throneroom $16.95

Silence $14.95

Silence Expans 1 Structural $14.95

Silence Expans 2 Furnishings $14.95

Silent Illumination $9.95

Victorian House $16.95

Victorian Haunted House $9.95

Night Watcher $9.95

PC10 Curious Bundle (7) $99.95 *SALE PRICE* $109.65

A Curious Bus $16.95

There and About $9.95

TOTAL: $552.93

!!!!! That's a Savings of 92%!!!!! That's better than advertised at 40-75% off!!! :) I was pretty happy about that! OMG ! This is so much fun....

so...anybody got my ratio beat??? heehee! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2012

Ohmygod, it is!! I am having a blast! I wish I could see your old post, too!!! :) ...and yeah.... I'm so glad things are going sooo very well... I'm very happy about the coming together of so many wonderful things!! :)

....and I'm soooo happy I'm part of PC club! :) Thanks for commenting!

edited October 2012

I just realised something else... If I eliminate the $99.99 bundles...

That leaves just 4 items that are currently "on sale"...

Tori for V5 $9.07
    Town and Country for Genesis $17.47
    Pure Hair Casual $15.37
    Pyrit Hair $13.97

That totals $55.88 !! :bug: That's almost EXACTLY the same amount all of it cost me BEFORE I applied the PC Club coupons....

...ponders...

That's all I would have been able to get.

OK... maybe for you old hats in PC this is not phenomenal...but I've been paying those prices for the last 4 years!!! LOL... This is just more awesome than I can put into words... I need a writer to put it more eloquently!! hahahaha!! Wheeeeee!!! :) :) :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I spent a bit earlier but got 25 new outfits for Genesis plus 7 texture sets for those or other sets. I spent a little bit more then you but only a bit

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

arr you are all playing at it. My grand total spend this PA and PC sale is $11.94 combined and those I had to think hard about if I really wanted them. Yep last of the big spenders me. :)

edited October 2012

Mattymanx said:
    Yeah, I spent a bit earlier but got 25 new outfits for Genesis plus 7 texture sets for those or other sets. I spent a little bit more then you but only a bit

WoooHooo!!! @25 new outfits!!! Wheee!! LOL! That's awesome.... but c'mon, now... I wanna see the list!! ;-P

arr you are all playing at it. My grand total spend this PA and PC sale is $11.94 combined and those I had to think hard about if I really wanted them. Yep last of the big spenders me. :)

LOL... but what was the ratio per item??? heehee... did you save big, or what?

I hardly ever have $$ to spend... but I saved a little last month and I got a little extra $$ for my b-day ($25.00) just in time for this sale... I just got lucky that the timing worked out so good for me...heehee. Usually... I'm that poor guy in the monopoly game with his pockets turned inside out!! LOL

edited December 1969

Genesis Supersuit £4.31 from $34.95
    Supersuit Fantasy Pack $3.08 from $24.95
    Supersuit Troopers $3.08 from $24.95
    Cape for Supersuit PC item $1.99

so $3.14 per item

edited December 1969

WoooHooo!! That's a GOOD Deal! :) Hey... we should do renders!!! :)

edited October 2012

LOL I am too busy here to do renders....I have one planned for the PC render contest using Supersuit, just got to get started. :)

Like you funds are always short. I was lucky enough to save up some winnings I got for the Dreamlight monthly contests saved up so I did get a few things but the Supersuit I had to pay out of my own pocket and that was a hard thing to do when funds are so tight. But I made the excuse of I haven't paid for anything for over 3 months so why not treat myself. I am glad I did. I am going to have fun with this Supersuit.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Between 3 orders, this is what I pickedup:

Mardi Gras Supersuit
    Wicked Dance Fevah
    OL For Genesis
    YDress For Genesis
    RopeSandals For V5
    Genesis Evening Gown
    Genesis Evening Gown Textures
    Genesis Scout
    Genesis Scout Textures
    SciFi Renegade
    SciFi Renegade Textures
    Jade Assassin
    Wicked Red Cape
    Lady Blaze for Genesis
    Wicked Wear Lace
    Wicked Wear Future
    Wicked Sporty
    Wicked Wear Seville
    Wicked Playsuit
    Wicked Dance Fevah Textures
    Woodlander for Genesis
    Buccaneer Basic for Genesis
    Fairytale Dress Textures
    Fairytale Dress for Genesis
    Classy Casual Outfit For Genesis
    Casual Afternoon for Genesis
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis
    ArtemisX for Genesis
    Medea
    Ruffle Bikini
    Caput Caseum
    Caput Caseum Textures

I'll let you do the math as I am off to watch a movie.

edited December 1969

What movie and my brain hurts.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

Yep, when you look at the PC savings list, it's so easy to grossly underestimate how ridiculous these discounts get. Especially when there's a sale.

And Octobers are beyond all reason.

Don't overlook the Buy It All Bonus. So far, it ain't bad (but it's likely to get tougher). You'd get the V5 Pro bundle, or M5 Pro bundle, (or S5 Pro bundle, I think, my page cuts it off). But you can't collect until the bundle items are past the 30-day return windows. Here's the thread, in the Members Only forum. So, if you qualify, at the end of the month, check your chosen bundle for duplicates you'd just bought, while you can return them.

I was pretty broke this year, and spent almost zero, until October. I still haven't spent that much.

But I renewed for another year. (In spite of the fact they've had to give us those crappy ol' monthly coupons, instead of good ol' vouchers).

The first half of this month have way more than paid for it.

OK... maybe for you old hats in PC this is not phenomenal...but I've been paying those prices for the last 4 years!!! LOL... This is just more awesome than I can put into words... I need a writer to put it more eloquently!! hahahaha!! Wheeeeee!!! :) :) :)

Yeah, same old, same old. Except for some spectacularly insane discounts on some of the Daz Originals I've grabbed the past 2 days.

I'd just, finally, put in for my partial refund for DS4 Pro (they're right, it's a surprisingly good one), so I snagged a load of DO's,

so...anybody got my ratio beat??? heehee! :)

Not me, probably, I bought too many (let me repeat insanely discounted, I'm a good hunter) DO's for that.

I suspect those 99-centers really put ratios through the roof.

But daaaaang, I think I got a lot closer than I had any right to. :cheese:

I'm tempted to post the list... but for now, I spent $23.57 the night before the refund, and $21.60 after.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I'm on a zero budget (cars needing new engines = 2, employed people = 0), so I haven't gotten a lot, but I did have some store credit. 10 items, 2 of which were bundles, so the equivalent of 18 single items, for $26.18 - $10 coupons = $16.18, so net about 90 cents per item.

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Ended up watching two movies.

S.A.L.T. & Snow White and the Huntsman.

edited October 2012

I just can't believe it when I actually do the compare....and I'm so happy to be able to get soo much stuff!!! LOL :)

Hey!! Mike's got me beat at 90 cents per item!! No fair!!! LOL :) No seriously...good for you!! So what'd you get?

Salt was a good movie... I haven't seen the other one yet though. :) But holy Crap that is a huge load of clothing!!! I almost got that Mardi Gras thing for the supersuit, too... but changed my mind.... but I might change it again!! Wheeee!!!!

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Szark said:

Ended up watching two movies.

S.A.L.T. & Snow White and the Huntsman.well then I just watched Abe Lincoln the vamp killer and Snow White and the Huntsman enjoyed both.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited October 2012

Greetings,
    I don't beat the OP's percentages, but...

I've spent $85.61 this month on 58 items, for an ASP of $1.48. I've gotten $985.10 worth of goods from that. That's a 91.31% discount.

If I remove the freebies, and charge the S4 Starter Pack (available for $1.99 until Tuesday!) as a single item, instead of parting it out, that brings it down to 49 items, a $1.75 ASP, $878.50 worth of goods, for a 90.25% discount.

Still rockin' the discount. Of course the PC club has been worth it every month I've been in it. It was, however, my first actual purchase at DAZ, because I realized immediately that it was not going to be smart spending money here at full price...

I've also had $1000 months...those...I'm not quite so proud of. :-/ I've been trying to keep spending on a leash during the PC sale.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

I just can't believe it when I actually do the compare....and I'm so happy to be able to get soo much stuff!!! LOL :)

Hey!! Mike's got me beat at 90 cents per item!! No fair!!! LOL :) No seriously...good for you!! So what'd you get?

Salt was a good movie... I haven't seen the other one yet though. :) But holy Crap that is a huge load of clothing!!! I almost got that Mardi Gras thing for the supersuit, too... but changed my mind.... but I might change it again!! Wheeee!!!!

Space Shuttle
    Amaya Hair
    Doctor Bundle
    PC10 Heart of the Matter Bonus Bundle
    Keira for Stephanie 5
    Stephanie 5
    Pajamas for Michael 5
    V5 Summer Set
    Candace for Stephanie 5
    Supermasks for Genesis

Regular price $304.10, discount 94.7%

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited October 2012

...Jasmine, that is great, I remember such fantastic savings in the past.

Not been very active this year as most of the DO's and PC items I need I already have. As I have the Gen3/4 body shapes for Genesis as well as GenerationX, I am pretty much content. Do have V5 and looking at getting the basic M5 figure but Steph5 doesn't seem as versatile as her Gen4 twin for my needs.

...also holding out for Thorne's forthcoming teen character.

Finances have been low, had to pass on a lot in the PA sale. Not really been picking much up this month either.

...so far other than freebies, purchased up only 4 items so far this month but did manage to use my monthly PC coupon for a total of just over 5$.

Payday, Monday but have to stretch things as I just renewed my security suite for the next year on top of my wireless service, rent and a week's worth of transit tickets which sent up a balance alert (something I set on my account so I don't go overdrawn). As this may be my last month as PC member (annual membership expires in less than a month four days before the mid month paycheque) I'd like to take advantage of it but will have to be real choosy.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited October 2012

LOL!! That is a rockin' discount, Cypher!! Wheee!! LOL Was it really your first purchase??? That is BRILLIANT!!! Wish I had done that! LOL :)

and Mike... that is an amazing steal!! I debated about Keira... You'll have to let me know what she's like. :)

Hiya KK!! I've been waiting to see Thorne's new character, too!! :) I'm really looking forward to it! :) I don't really like the way Steph 5 looks dialed "all-in", but I am kinda liking the depth she adds to my characters. I've been fiddling with her a bit. She has some neat face morphs. I think I kinda like her... :)

(Little dial play... with Stephanie 5 and Victoria 5...no lights... in DS4.5)

s4_Starts.jpg
    549 x 573 - 137K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

I've never totaled up the savings from the PC membership. But for all the grousing about the coupons vs. vouchers, and DAZ making it somewhat more difficult to make out like a bandit on the Members' Choice poll, and the general grumbling of getting less for the same price of membership, as long as the PC keeps turning loose great new releases *every week* that I can pick up for a pittance of the full store price, they've got me in the club.

edited October 2012

...Jasmine, really nice.

Just not sure she is worth it for me as none of the three body shapes really work for what I want to do. They needed to include a "petite" one like Steph4 has.

Funny I actually can get more of a petite look adding in a little V5 to the Stpeh4 Genesis and then reducing the breast size. Need to figure out how to get GenerationX to work so I can pull in the NPMs.

Nonetheless, I think Leela ver. "G" came out pretty well. The Princess "hips" morph really helps give her a more petite physique and the head morph gives her a more youthful appearance than just the basic "young" morph.

Granted the basic Steph5 character is only 11$ and I still have the 4$ anniversary coupon. Just that the account balance is really low until Monday.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I've never totaled up the savings from the PC membership. But for all the grousing about the coupons vs. vouchers, and DAZ making it somewhat more difficult to make out like a bandit on the Members' Choice poll, and the general grumbling of getting less for the same price of membership, as long as the PC keeps turning loose great new releases *every week* that I can pick up for a pittance of the full store price, they've got me in the club.

Yeah, even if you don't use the coupon, just buying a single $1.99 item, or a regularly priced DO with the 30% discount is enough to break even.

edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Jasmine, really nice.

Just not sure she is worth it for me as none of the three body shapes really work for what I want to do. They needed to include a "petite" one like Steph4 has.

Funny I actually can get more of a petite look adding in a little V5 to the Stpeh4 Genesis and then reducing the breast size. Need to figure out how to get GenerationX to work so I can pull in the NPMs.

Nonetheless, I think Leela ver. "G" came out pretty well. The Princess "hips" morph really helps give her a more petite physique and the head morph gives her a more youthful appearance than just the basic "young" morph.

Granted the basic Steph5 character is only 11$ and I still have the 4$ anniversary coupon. Just that the account balance is really low until Monday.

I don't know about Generation X, so I can't help, but I think there is a thread going that has answered a bunch of "how to's" I'll see if I can dig it up for you... been debating Princess, too...might have to take another look at her...lol My ONE big issue is that Daz has not created a morph set yet to deal with those varying hip issues!! LOL Thorne's Morphs are awesome... been thinking about the body one...but ....it would ruin my RATIO!!! hahaha!!

And yeah... I got a super deal on some stuff when a bunch of stuff went on "Super Sale" for a few hours. Mike 5 was on for only a few dollars, too! ... but I already had that one. Not sure why...but shortly after I purchased...I came back to buy something I had considered and passed on only to find the prices had returned to something somewhat more expected...lol I guess I just got in at a really good time!! (lucky me!)

Yeah, even if you don't use the coupon, just buying a single $1.99 item, or a regularly priced DO with the 30% discount is enough to break even.

yeah... gotta love those $1.99 prices!!! :) Love 'em even more when they go .99 cents...heehee... or better yet... 7 in a bundle for under 5 bucks!!! HOLY CRAP this is a fun sale! :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Some of the things I use most often -- and like the most are PC items picked up at $2 a pop. Jack Tomalin is why I am wrestling with 3D at all. I wandered in, looked through the PC club collection ad decided I wanted to do something with this stuff. (I think it was the Study which first snagged me.)

edited December 1969

...Jasmine, when was that special price offer? With my budget so tight, I would have loved to pick up Mike5 for a couple bucks. Now he's back up to 17$.

Yeah, when I got into this years ago I had the same experience. I remember the total was something like 450 - 500$worth of content and software for abut 38$

edited October 2012

JOdel said:
    Some of the things I use most often -- and like the most are PC items picked up at $2 a pop. Jack Tomalin is why I am wrestling with 3D at all. I wandered in, looked through the PC club collection ad decided I wanted to do something with this stuff. (I think it was the Study which first snagged me.)

Oh I love Jack Tomalin's stuff, too!!! :) So many vendors I didn't get to experience until PC Club! Another one I love: LaurieS...Oh my god...so gorgeous!! And.... Lisa's Botanicals.... too many cool things.... :)

...Jasmine, when was that special price offer? With my budget so tight, I would have loved to pick up Mike5 for a couple bucks. Now he's back up to 17$.

Yeah, when I got into this years ago I had the same experience. I remember the total was something like 450 - 500$worth of content and software for abut 38$

Well, My Order history didn't give a time of sale...just a date, but my confirmation email for the order says:

Your Order #XXXXXXXXXXXX
    placed on October 12, 2012 11:28:23 AM MDT (edit: sorry -had the wrong one...lol)

LOL... I think it was early afternoon here at the time (no, guess it was still kinda morning...lol)... but I went for a bite to eat and came back and the prices were changed and people in the MO forum were like, "Crap, I had stuff in my cart, but I missed it!" LOL So, I don't know when it started, but I know that after I checked out it was only that way for like a minute...lol

edited December 1969

...ahh, was at the day job at the time (that's 10:28AM here). Bugger, wish they'd do these things when I'm home.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Jasmine, when was that special price offer?

The few crazy discounts went from the wee hours to about half-past Noon, their time. (Some fluctuated).

Swapped discounts started Thursday (58%/70%).

The People, Clothing and Elves categories got mixed with the DSON category, Thursday. Some 70% were priced 58% and vice versa.

Many got fixed Friday, and the 70% categories were left up an extra day, into Saturday.

Early morning brought glitches, and a few preposterous discounts appeared.

Kevin offered congrats to those who benefited, so don't anyone feel bad.

My only regret is that many character bundles went to a plausible 70%, but that dropped to 58%, early morning (edit: felt early anyway, maybe Noon).
    (Many of the items, in those bundles, and a few seemingly-random items, went to those goofy discounts).

I bought a bunch regular-discount stuff that were due to expire with those 1st 3 categories. So it wasn't just exploitation. But I did pretty well.

That's another point for PC, is that when there's an error in the customer's favor, it's the often PC members who get the most of it.

And when there's no error, it's still sweet.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited October 2012

Oh! So that's what happened!! LOL.. I just thought it was some kind of crazy PC thing... hahaha. That's so funny... Well, I'm even luckier than I knew!! :) Finding out there are so many things to do during this sale... Things to vote on...Bundles to scope out... Contests to participate in... Seriously... I am having a lot of fun. :)

Which is a very good thing....cuz I needed a little fun.