What is the Non-Photorealistic Render seeing in eyelashes?

BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
edited October 2012 in Carrara Discussion

I feel like I'm missing something with the Non-Realistic render function.

I draw all of my own eyelashes, so there's no reason that the "default" render should issue out those horrible-looking eyelashes the way it does.

Is there something I need to do to make the eyelashes NOT APPEAR in the Non-Photorealistic render? I feel like I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Oops -- this should be in the Carrara thread.

Post edited by BC Rice on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Moved to Carrara Discussion forum

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited October 2012

hi what's wrong with ugly square eyelashes?
    :)
    well I always clean my up in post but judging from the square shape they are transmapped polys, so you are getting the poly outlines - so I would add a morph in the vertex room or just puill them out of the way - so

in vertex room select by shader>eyelashes then scale them down or push them in the back of the character's head - you could justchange the mesh or do it with a morph

I suppose ifg you were very clever you could just use the scale tool in the x/y meridian and make them really thin so they still draw but look like eyelashes

Post edited by Headwax on
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    hi what's wrong with ugly square eyelashes?
    :)
    well I always clean my up in post but judging from the square shape they are transmapped polys, so you are getting the poly outlines - so I would add a morph in the vertex room or just puill them out of the way - so

in vertex room select by shader>eyelashes then scale them down or push them in the back of the character's head - you could justchange the mesh or do it with a morph

I suppose ifg you were very clever you could just use the scale tool in the x/y meridian and make them really thin so they still draw but look like eyelashes

Hm. This might help me in other aspects as well. I've always been unable to fiddle around with a DAZ model in the modeling room with the exception of the displacement brush. Never understood why that is.

I'll give this a go on the eyelashes for sure, though!

Thanks!!