• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Ruphuss said:

glad you dont feel insulted

on this forums its hard sometimes making a little joke

and some peole are really picky on this

Heavens no! Humor is always welcome! yes

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Novica said:

Well say hello to Ivan! Glad to see there is a character that is weathered. Have to go take a look at what else is in the bundle. 

Usually when I see a new Daz character I think "here's another smooth faced, young person that looks like all the others". Not this one - weathered face is welcomed!

Just starting to go through this thread after being away for three weeks. As always, a lot of good info was posted. Thanks to all those who share their learnings and renders here.

Well, I did some cart figuring and it saves me $13.23 off the Pro Bundle to buy one of the releases on the promo page, (which if I left the Pro Bundle at $66.13 and deduct that from the Medieval Hall, means it will cost $9.84 for the Hall.) Different way of looking at it. Anyway, saving $13 makes it worthwhile, anyway I look at it. I don't like Ivan's body, the shoulders are too sloping and torso is chunky, but can change it. It's fun to see a different male type offered, the rugged dude is a nice change. Well, more like "weathered." 

Check fast grab if you want the Historic Japanese Train Station (the inside of the train, the inside of the station, versatile, could use it for more than Japanese type renders.) The Make A Wish Bundle is there too! 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited June 2016
    Novica said:

Well, I did some cart figuring and it saves me $13.23 off the Pro Bundle to buy one of the releases on the promo page, (which if I left the Pro Bundle at $66.13 and deduct that from the Medieval Hall, means it will cost $9.84 for the Hall.) Different way of looking at it. Anyway, saving $13 makes it worthwhile, anyway I look at it. I don't like Ivan's body, the shoulders are too sloping and torso is chunky, but can change it. It's fun to see a different male type offered, the rugged dude is a nice change. Well, more like "weathered."

I came to the same conclusion - I really wanted the Medieval Hall and I saw a render of Ivan (by Astracadia) with the body dialled down partway and he looked pretty good like that, so I decided to grab the Pro Bundle while the 20% (for Rune 7) and 20% (for the Hall) offer was on the table.

Edit: Correct attribution - the pic was by Astracadia and you can see it here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1302461/#Comment_1302461

Post edited by MelanieL on

Yep, I saw that render. I liked the shoulders on that one! I think the Hall has so many neat nooks and crannies, it's well worth the price!

We're all thinking alike. I got the same two items.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited June 2016

I'm checking out Ivan 7.

Initial impression is that Ivan 7 base mats look nice. Not sure how I feel about the character shape.  I am disappointed there are no silver-hair options amongst the hairs which should be included for an older character at least over other younger colors like bright red. 

I so far Like Thomas hair. It looks convincingly real. I like the curly brushiness of it.  I'm not keen on the outfits. I don't render fantasy and we've had enough bundles with fantasy warrior stuff men that frankly I feel saturated. 

If you want renders of the hair, I'm testing them out. 

My feeling is if I like the hairs, the base character, then usually the pro pack is worth it. If I can't use the hairs then, I buy base alone. 

Post edited by Serene Night on

Hmm.. I've decided to return the pro bundle. Not a lot of content I like or will use. I'm giving thumbs up to Ivan base and Thomas hair though.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I like the base charachter but chose not to purchase right now mostly because I have spent far too much money recently between the hair salon, the light manager thingy etc etc. and just coming home from vacation I really really just can't justify it.    Cause if I'm going to buy it I'm going to buy the pro bundle with my rune discount and that absolutely yummy medieval garden and hall.  I bought Dimitr from Darwinsmishaps instead he has been on my wishlist since he came out and he won't break the bank today...

edited June 2016

I find pro bundles increasingly include too much fantasy content. Secondary character skins often resemble other content I own already And use similar skin resources   With male content I'm looking for content that has a lot more utility since there is so little of it around. Two fantasy  outfits and a monk outfit are way too niche for me.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Hey SereneNight, did you see one of our outfits we both rendered I think a couple years ago has been remastered? Go War Dog

Welcome back RGcincy and Ice Dragon Art. Hope the vacations were relaxing and fun! 

Yes, I like it, and will pick it up. Sarge would like that set. Although I'm a little worried about those grenades dangling there. Heh. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks!  As relaxing as it could be considering that we had a senior who could only walk very short distances at a time.  Was a lot better than I expected given the strong personalities involved as well. And the beach was gorgeous and the weather was perfect so no complaints.   The only really bad thing that happened is my laptop died. Can't really afford a new one until I pay this vacation off lol.  I still have my main rendering computer though so its okay I just won't be able to work on anything if I am sick in bed or if we go camping.  Did anyone pick up the Husky for Wolf 2.?  He looks gorgeous!  Also curious about the mountainscapes product, it looks like it would be really useful as a quick backdrop, I have been really struggling with finding something to fill in the backdrop of many of my scenes and was wondering if this might be a good option.  If I purchase each of these separately I can pick up two free monstrosity items as well.  The infernal behomoth is almost as much as those two together for free and has been on my wishlist for a long time.  Going to have to wait til payday though I think.

I didn't get the wolf, don't need one anytime soon. I do like those mountains, particularly how they curve around. But again, my book takes place in a tropical setting so don't need anything with snow anytime soon either! I'm not even picking up War Dog, much as I like it, because I can't think of a way that I would use it. My buying habits have changed in that I am actively writing my book and it keeps my mind focused on what I already have that I can use. (which is tons!) Very few women make it into my cart now.

Heads up, several vendors are on a Blink Sale- see the scrolling banner! Don't know how long they've been there.

edited June 2016

Well, since noone else has posted one yet here's my first Ivan 7 render. He's wearing (the robe only from) the Fantasy Friar Outfit and Miles Hair. I was surprised that he only had a single eye colour which I found a little pale so swapped in one of the FWSA Konstantin eye colours.

ETA: Oh I should mention that I dialled his body down to 50% as I think the full body is a bit much.

Add: The one on the right shows the hairy skin option with vascularity normal maps - I put him in a vest to show a little more skin.

Ivan-01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 612K
    Ivan-02.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 650K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Blink Sales have changed- but the others are still good if you have them in your cart. (At least they were for me a minute ago.) Andrews store is now on sale, I got the Chinese stuff, the road, the grotto.

MelanieL- Your Ivan looks great, I really like what you did with the body. Definitely took the chunkiness out of it! Thanks for sharing! I did more free backgrounds today so haven't rendered anything. I like the hair too!

Thanks, Novica.

I've also been playing with my other new purchase: Medieval Hall and Garden - the full load set has (I think) 17 camera angles but there are many other nooks and crannies to explore, of which this is one.

Medieval-Hall-Undergallery-Arch.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 631K
    edited June 2016

You're just a busy little beaver aren't you MelanieL?  laugh I can't keep up with you! 

FYI, I was curious as to whether there were any Chinese Gardens like Andrew's, due to the vibrant colors. Take a look at this one!

I don't know if Fast Grab changed later today, I don't remember seeing this but it may have been in there. One of AntFarm's trucks for under $5  It's a Utility Truck.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2016
    Novica said:

Welcome back RGcincy and Ice Dragon Art. Hope the vacations were relaxing and fun! 

Had a great time, lots of mountains and cool weather. The new mountainscapes product is a good example of what I was seeing (central Alaska, SE Alaska, BC coast, Washington State).

I tried to render Ivan 7 but had a couple of crashes. Since it was happening with some other G3 figures too, don't think it was the new product. Not quite sure why it's happening but I'll be trying again.

Here's my first render of Medieval Hall and Garden. Took 51 minutes with CPU only (too big to engage the GPU, so I'll need to see what I can turn off). This scene used the Outside Camera 9 that comes with the set but repositioned to get a larger view. Everything is right out of the box except for the blue sky background. I like all the water plants and garden bushes. 

Medieval Hall Garden 01.jpg
    800 x 600 - 392K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited June 2016

Wow, that is a big set! If it took 51 minutes on yours, it'll take that on mine since we were only 15 seconds apart when we tested another product. But it looks really nice! 

DId anyone buy the Sugar Skull makeup? Eye Makeup 38 doesn't show up- it is an exclamation mark with a white border, I browsed to file location and it has a "w" attached to the file name. It says EM 38w.  Should I remove the "w"?   The vendor needs to fix this if it's a mistake? (ForbiddenWhispers)  I can't think of a reason why this one eyemakeup would have a "w" attached to the name.

Found this by mistake, came up in the search, and is FREE (if you have Cookie.) 

I do like the way you can layer the makeup. When you click, it does NOT erase the other makeup you have down first. 

This is Dayanara with Alisha Top and Friday Hair.  I changed the color of the lips a bit in Diffuse as they were really light. I thought the strands seem a bit stiff and I didn't find a way to move the straggly hair without moving sections (I may have missed it though.) And there's those sections of mild crinkles near the lower sections, but I didn't apply smoothing so that may eliminate/assist with that. (Going on 4am and I'm closing down for the night.)  Has quite a few morphs. 

DayanaraAlishaTopFridayHair.jpg
    850 x 975 - 724K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2016

I took a second look at that, and there is also a 38, so the 38w is an extra. Right click, browse to file location and delete the 38w. Vendor error, easy to fix.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2016
    MelanieL said:

Well, since noone else has posted one yet here's my first Ivan 7 render. He's wearing (the robe only from) the Fantasy Friar Outfit and Miles Hair. I was surprised that he only had a single eye colour which I found a little pale so swapped in one of the FWSA Konstantin eye colours.

Looks great Melanie!

Here's FWSA Konstantin HD for Ivan 7. I turned it down a bit: Konstantin body at 50%, Ivan 7 body at 35%, Konstantin head left at 100% but Ivan 7 head reduced to 32%. Expression is Barbarian 7 from Z Barbarian Expressions for Ivan 7. Hair is Miles Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s). Clothing is Mobster Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s). Pose is I Can't Turn Left from Blue Steel Poses for Michael 7. Light is HighDrama_03a from Hi-Drama Iray Lights. Background is from Novica.

Konstantin 01.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 478K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

Had a great time, lots of mountains and cool weather. The new mountainscapes product is a good example of what I was seeing (central Alaska, SE Alaska, BC coast, Washington State).

I tried to render Ivan 7 but had a couple of crashes. Since it was happening with some other G3 figures too, don't think it was the new product. Not quite sure why it's happening but I'll be trying again.

Here's my first render of Medieval Hall and Garden. Took 51 minutes with CPU only (too big to engage the GPU, so I'll need to see what I can turn off). This scene used the Outside Camera 9 that comes with the set but repositioned to get a larger view. Everything is right out of the box except for the blue sky background. I like all the water plants and garden bushes. 

Hope you don't mind me butting in. The set is very modular, down to individual walls and floors, so there's lots you can turn off. I describe zones in terms of ordinal directions - north, south etc. North is the courtyard behind the long gallery, south is the lawns on this side etc (mea culpa, the directions don't match DS for sun-sky time of day - your camera is looking east in sun-sky terms, so early morning will light the lawn, and late afternoon will light the courtyard). There's lots of plants and ivy in the north area can easily be turned off. A couple of bridges not in shot, the near bank is in 3 segments and one or two of those could go. The entire Checker building could go apart from the roof. The interior floors in the long gallery could go, maybe the lower north wall (but that could change what's visible through the windows). Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to free up enough vram to get it on your card.

You're not butting in at all- always love the PAs popping in and helping out! 

I know I'm very guilty of forgetting to turn things off and take them out of the scene when they're not showing  surprise so it's always great to get a reminder! Thanks for such a wonderful set, I'll be getting around to exploring it soon. Went into the cart very quickly, and we also appreciate your willingness to give a discount. Worth every penny at full price!

RGcincy said:

Here's FWSA Konstantin HD for Ivan 7. I turned it down a bit: Konstantin body at 50%, Ivan 7 body at 35%, Konstantin head left at 100% but Ivan 7 head reduced to 32%. Expression is Barbarian 7 from Z Barbarian Expressions for Ivan 7. Hair is Miles Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s). Clothing is Mobster Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s). Pose is I Can't Turn Left from Blue Steel Poses for Michael 7. Light is HighDrama_03a from Hi-Drama Iray Lights. Background is from Novica.

I had to laugh at your pose name- Can't Turn Left !!!!!! 

This dude looks like a very bad dude! You did a spectacular job with him (and the background really did set the mood with him, good to know these are working for folks.)

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Those Blue Steel poses are wonderful. My favourite G3M pose set to date. 

Redz said:

Those Blue Steel poses are wonderful. My favourite G3M pose set to date. 

Yeah, I have those too! I love creative naming. yes

This discussion has been closed.