Little question about D|S interface

Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a way I can change the way D|S handles selecting items? I hate it when all I'm trying to do is rotate my camera, but moving the cursor across the screen highlights everything it goes across (including any large background sets) and makes everything difficult to see. I looked through the preferences and setting and didn't see anything. Can I change this or am I stuck with it?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You mean the orange highlight when your cursor passes over something? Window > Tabs > Tool Settings, under "Node Highlighting" > "Draw Style" change it to "Bounding Box Only". Different tools can have different settings, so if it happens again just do the same for that tool.

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

That's what I was looking for. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. That was annoying the hell out of me.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

You mean the orange highlight when your cursor passes over something? Window > Tabs > Tool Settings, under "Node Highlighting" > "Draw Style" change it to "Bounding Box Only". Different tools can have different settings, so if it happens again just do the same for that tool.

Thx Mike, I hated that also.