Can DAZ Studio create fire?

kenwmay_bab7cfcd5fkenwmay_bab7cfcd5f Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Or is there a DAZ Studio plug-in that creats fire that can be mapped to an object as the camera pans? I don't have another program.

Comments

• mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There was for DS3. I don't know if they've been updated. There was one in the store that was specifically made for fire, but there was also a plugin in the freebees section that allowed you to animate the 2d textures on objects which could be used to create fire.

I think this is the store one I'm remembering, though it looks like it's for still renders rather than animations. Same vendor has some other similar stuff. Unfortunately I think the free plugin link may have gotten lost in the forum revamp.

For particle/fluid fire, you could try Blender. Blender can do that, and I suspect there's probably a way to convert or jury-rig it into something that DS can use once it's made in Blender. I'll actually have too look into that now.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The materials animation script works in DS4...according to this...

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/matanim

• mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's the one! Great to know it still works.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

There is a product coming. Does great fire. If I get permission, I'll post an animation.

Kendall

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

There is a product coming. Does great fire. If I get permission, I'll post an animation.

Kendall

I got permission... here's a frame or 2 from the animation

grill-fire023.png
    1024 x 768 - 233K
    grill-fire018.png
    1024 x 768 - 224K
  • VargaPDVargaPD Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Wonderful! Which product is that? o.o

Kendall

I got permission... here's a frame or 2 from the animation